St Augustine, FL, June 30, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- Data, when lost, is not easily recovered – if it can be recovered at all. That’s why Seth Oxhandler recommends that all clients have a reliable backup strategy in place.
Coolcat’s clients trust them with one of their most valuable assets – their data. As a Technology Service, Coolcat Inc (http://www.coolcatinc.com) knows that computer-related components of a business can be repaired or replaced.
Data, however, when lost, is not easily recovered – if it can be recovered at all. That’s why everyone needs to have a reliable backup strategy in place. Regardless of the industries: medical, financial, real estate, marketing, technology, and retail. Different clients have different backup requirements. Some must deal with compliance issues such as length of time data must be retained, audit trails of data access, or other data access restrictions, but the underlying basic tenet of backup protection is ensuring that whatever data the client deems important is secure and available to them if they experiences data loss or a disaster.
Every minute a business is down costs that business money, getting a business back up and running as promptly as possible is crucial. If the data is not backed up and ready for restore, that process is going to be slow and arduous – so slow that many businesses do not survive a catastrophic data loss.
Coolcat’s makes sure that doesn’t happen by leveraging its online backup service to protect client data. Coolcat Inc's Off Site Backup service is currently running at 100% data recovery. No file backed up with the service has ever become unusable or unrecoverable. After a catastrophe happens, it’s too late, so having a reliable backup system in place is vital. Online backup works for small, mid-sized, and large clients and offers many advantages.
One of things Coolcat’s clients like best about the service is that once set up and configured, the backups run automatically. This takes the human element out of the equation. Relying on someone to start the backup, change the tapes, or transport the backups off-site is fraught with risk. Invariably, the one night someone forgets to transport the data off-site is the night when disaster strikes.
All online backup companies are not the same. The ‘free’ and almost free services might work fine for a home user who only needs to restore a couple of files. These services do not work for business clients because support is almost non-existent, and, if you have data loss where the operating system is compromised or experience any other number of problems, expert assistance is critical. Relying on Off Site Backup from Coolcat Inc is like having your own dedicated team of experts. Backup providers are only as good as the survivability of their infrastructure. Coolcat maintains geographic redundant data centers, http://coolcatinc.com/Data_Center.htm. Coolcat Inc is duplicitous down to the personal level, removing any single point of failure.
There are hundreds of online backup services. Here are some of the things clients should look for in a backup provider:
• Does the vendor have multiple locations? Backup companies are not immune from disaster, so it’s important that client data is simultaneously stored in two geographically distant locations.
• Who has access to the data? Many services say they encrypt data, but if they also say they can send you your password or reset it, then your data is not secure. If data security is an issue, look for a company that does not have access to your password. Ask what happens if a password is lost or forgotten. Your data is secure from prying eyes if the company tells you data cannot be restored or a complete data reseed with a new password is required if you lose your password.
• How do I know the backup ran successfully and is the report easily understood? No matter how “automatic” a backup service is, some oversight of the backup process is required. There must be a notification process in place, and the reports must be simple to comprehend. A tiered reporting process is ideal, so that if a notification does not elicit a response or action, another notification process is triggered. The best companies have multi-tiered notification and reporting systems to ensure clients are aware of problems or potential problems with their backups.
• Is it cost effective for my clients? Quality backup is not cheap, but even among the premier service providers there is a broad range of pricing and what is included in the cost. Beware of “hidden” costs. Some services charge extra for support, restores, account maintenance, and even temporary quota overages. As a rule, simpler pricing means fewer unpleasant surprises when your bill arrives.
• What is the level quality of the technical support provided? Is tech support provided by foreign call centers where the technicians are reading canned solutions or do you have access to expert backup specialists? When a company experiences catastrophic data loss, the two most critical elements are that support must be quick and it must be knowledgeable.
Experienced computer support companies cannot keep up with all the constantly changing variables that cause problems with data backups and restores. That’s why they rely on backup and restore services from Coolcat Inc's specialists.
Coolcat Inc has been operating back up and file restore services since 1999. Coolcat’s Partner Companies like the way their clients are treated. Whether big or small, clients get personal service and expert support when they need it. Coolcat Inc is able to quickly restore data and get any company back to normal operations.
For more information please see http://offsiteonlinebackup.com or call 904.687.1245 for their Florida office or 646.706.7001 for their NYC office.