Barcelona, Spain, September 05, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- “Big business players and big companies always lead CSR movement,” states Global Managing Director of Public Affairs for Telefónica Spain, Alberto Andreu Pinillos. On the content of RSB Event, Mr Andreu goes on to note that, “this event is important because CSR & Sustainability are facing a critical moment because of the economic crisis...now, more than ever, CSR is in the centre of the solution to help companies to be more competitive thanks to transparency, risk management and new business opportunities.”
Mr Andreu will be speaking at RSB Event taking place in Barcelona 18-19 October 2012. With increasing importance of companies thinking of their impact on the society and the planet, RSB Event will initiate discussion and best-practise sharing among both leading companies who are already taking steps towards sustainable operations and also those who are just starting. Mr. Andreu, along with Nick Lakin, Head of CR & Commercial Communications, Molson Coors Brewing Company UK & Ireland and Ignacio Ágreda, Director of Communications and Corporate Responsibility, ArcelorMittal Spain will share their point of view on the panel Business and Government working Together – Building Strategic Partnerships as a Tool to Sustainable Growth. This Panel will take questions and input from the audience on topics such as: who should regulate CR&S and how, the roles and motivations of businesses and governments towards a sustainable economy and how to motivate other corporations who are not yet behaving responsibly to make CSR commitments.
On this point, a further panellist for RSB Event, Nick Aster, Founder of TriplePundit.com, notes, “Business is increasingly taking on a more proactive role in building a sustainable world.” Nick continues, “We think business plays a role at least as important as that of government and can more efficiently kick-start solutions to many of the world's most challenging problems.”
The main differentiator of RSB Event is its focus on Business, and the way CSR has the potential to be one of the most valuable tools for a company’s economic success. Attendees of this event will leave with real-life examples and the practical know-how to devise an approach to CSR which will start delivering from the moment of implementation.
The programme includes:
- Changing the Company’s Strategic Direction to Become a Green Solutions Provider; covering the steps necessary to achieve the ambitious aim of becoming Green Innovation Company no1, and how to measure the ROI of such a shift, with Pamela Fandel, General Manager, Eco & CSR Promotion and Production Support Office, Panasonic Europe Ltd, Germany.
- Understanding How to Set Sustainable Supply Chain Strategies and to Build the Right Partnerships, Ensuring sustainability considerations are embedded within all sourcing processes, identifying risks and optimising supply chain to reduce costs and overall GHG emissions, concrete benefits for the suppliers to collaborate with client companies to improve sustainable performance, Enrique Torres, Senior Manager Training & Coaching Programs, Global Reporting Initiative, Netherlands.
- Effective Implementation of a Global CR&S Strategy while Remaining Locally Relevant: Unilever Sustainable Living Plan, How to start, implement and execute CR&S strategy and program in all countries of a global company and stay locally responsive, Ana Palencia, Communication Director, Unilever Spain.
- Successful Integration of Sustainability into the Company’s Strategy and Operations to Gain Competitive Advantage, How to effectively incorporate CR&S into the long-term corporate strategic plan to gain competitive advantage, how to get the board to buy into sustainability. Kersti Strandqvist, Senior Vice President Corporate Sustainability, Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget, SCA, Sweden.
- And more.
When asked why he wants to attend RSB Event, Nick Aster, TriplePundit, succinctly put it, “As a media organisation, our job is not only to tell the story of sustainable business but to be a catalyst for deeper conversation - we hope our role will inspire best practices in business and also help call attention to areas that need improvement.” This mission statement mirrors the vision of RSB Event; join us October 18th and 19th – don’t be left out of the conversation and shaping the future!
RSB Event is an Impact Five Group Production.
About RSB Event
Responsible today, Sustainable tomorrow
RSB Event is business and value centred, focused on empowering the CSR Professional and their company with step-by-step insight on all aspects of successful CSR implementation; from Strategy to Employee and Stakeholder engagement, to Best Practice, Metrics and Reporting, to Communications and Future Trends.
Invaluable whether you need to formalise your policy or consolidate your initiative; be inspired by speakers and companies who are transforming and regenerating their business through CSR.
For more information, visit: www.rsbevent.com
About Impact Five Group
Organiser of international strategic business events for senior decision-makers from global companies – both under its own brands and for major clients.
- Specialised corporate events including international business conferences and meetings and executive briefings.
- Web Conferencing – organisation of specific web conferences and summits.
- Events management – production of events on behalf of our clients from concept development to implementation.
For the delegate of RSB Event, and future repeat patron of Impact Five Organised Events, we have developed a Loyalty Points scheme to reward loyalty and maximise delegates’ savings and investment.
For more information, visit: www.impactfivegroup.com