Irvine, CA, September 12, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- The Agile & Scrum training (duration: 8 hrs) by Conscires Agile Practices on Sep 21 at San Francisco, CA is a highly interactive workshop that offers 8 PMI PDUs. The training is aimed at instilling the core beliefs of Agile and Scrum and creating a transparent and collaborative environment where the team succeeds as a single entity.
This 1-day course teaches the principles and practices that make Scrum effective at managing projects. The course uses the principles of Scrum, where the learning outcome is driven by the needs of the participants, through a combination of expert instruction and self-directed learning.
The following elements will be covered during the one day course:
* Scrum in Practice: the course is designed to illustrate Scrum in action.
* Understanding of the Agile Manifesto and what it means to them.
* Essence of Scrum: values, foundations and a new way of thinking.
* Understanding how Scrum values and foundations are related to the practices.
* Get a sense of what self-organization is (and is not).
* Draw a diagram of mechanics of Scrum: framework, roles, artifacts & flow.
The learning objectives and benefits of this training, to list a few, are:
1. Understand how Scrum can be used to deliver quality products .
2. Get everyone in the team aligned around the roles of Scrum so that expectations from each role is clear.
3. Clarify on how to do detailed planning and estimation using Scrum .
4. Enable the team in getting early feedback from the customer about Product progress. Having the customer engaged continuously in the development process will ensure there are no surprises in that regard. The team can see results quickly and have early feedback from customers, thus ensuring no rework is necessary.
Who should attend: This training is for anyone who would like to get introduced to or gain in-depth knowledge of Agile and Scrum, for immediate application. This course helps teams to implement Scrum framework for any type of project, hardware or software development, whether in sales, marketing, development, or support.
About the trainer: Tobias Mayer is an Agile Coach and Trainer from London, UK, currently residing and working in the USA, with frequent trips to Europe. He has a background in software development, graphic design, theatre arts, and team/groupwork facilitation. He also has a keen mind, an anarchic edge and a passion for corporate enlightenment.
The training is priced at $275, with an early bird discount of $195. However, this training follows the "Pay It Forward" model where a participant can make a donation if unable to afford the full price. The suggested minimum donation is $75. The vision behind the Pay it Forward Program is that money should not be a barrier for learning. This model would enable many who could otherwise have not attended this class, to enroll and benefit from it.
For more details and to register: http://agile.conscires.com/agile-training-scrum-training-san-francisco-05/