Newport Beach, CA, December 01, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- “IT as we know it is dead,” contends author Charles Araujo as he defines the past events and the current crossroads from which the IT industry is rapidly moving. He acknowledges a truly “quantum level” change that is taking hold right now, and forcing rapid adjustments on several fronts. Araujo calls it, and his newly-published book on the topic, The Quantum Age of IT. But what exactly defines the Quantum Age of IT? The following are the four new IT realities of the new age:
1. From Manufacturer to Retailer. Somewhere along the line, the customer’s perception shifted. Their expectations of IT service are now much more similar to those provided by a retailer.
2. The End of the Sole Source Provider Paradigm. IT organizations must recognize the new reality that many of your traditional services can be delivered more effectively and more inexpensively by outside providers.
3. The Era of Continuous Change. IT leaders must create deep levels of transparency and intimacy so that you can predict customer needs before they know them themselves.
4. Your Technical Skills May Be Your Undoing. The hard truth is that IT teams will have to recognize that technical skills will no longer be their strongest asset.
For industry veterans who experienced the decades of history that brought us here firsthand, to more recent IT industry leaders, Charles Araujo puts forth a framework from which to future-proof both IT organizations as a whole, as well as individual IT careers at any level within the organization.
What industry leaders are saying about this book
“As an IT executive myself with over 25 years experience, I’ve come across numerous books on IT that were nothing more than reporting on the latest fad, hypes, or new twists on old themes. The Quantum Age of IT isn’t one of those, rather, it is a rare gem. To me it should be on every IT professional’s reading list.”
- Anthony Iorio, SVP Infrastructure and Operations, The Capital Group
About the author
Charles Araujo is the founder and CEO of The IT Transformation Institute. He is a recognized leader and expert in the areas of IT transformation and IT organizational change. He serves on the boards of itSMF USA and The Executive Next Practices Institute. He has been quoted or published in magazines, blogs and websites including ZDNet, IT Business Edge, ITSM Portal, TechRepublic, itSMF USA’s Forum, HDI SupportWorld, and USA Today. He speaks frequently on a wide range of subjects related to his vision of the future of IT.
Author: Charles Araujo Publisher: IT Governance Publishing
ISBN: 9781849283755 Pages: Circa 324
Format: Softcover or eBook Published Date: November 29, 2012
Availability: Order now http://www.itgovernanceusa.com/product/2598.aspx