Carlsbad, CA, December 19, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Got Vitamin D? Not likely. One billion people worldwide (a figure that grows in winter) are estimated to be Vitamin D deficient. Seventy-six percent of pregnant women are severely deficient, resulting in 65% of their unborn children being severely deficient. Nearly half (48%) of girls ages nine-11 are deficient. If you are of Latin-American, African-American and Asian descent, you are most likely Vitamin D deficient. Don’t stress. Skin Authority has a nutrition sandwich for you.
Skin Authority announces a new, natural Vitamin D solution which addresses deficiency inside and out. “The first commercial whole food source of Vitamin D is revealed with today’s launch of the VitaD Fortified™ Illuminating DUO,” says Skin Authority CEO Celeste Hilling.
Hilling and the Skin Authority team worked with Dole Nutrition Institute for nearly two years in harnessing the only 100% vegan, whole food, plant-based sources of Vitamin D, “Skin Authority partnered with Dole Nutrition Institute because we share a vision that health is an ‘inside out’ concern. We took the topical expertise of Skin Authority and combined it with Dole’s nutrition expertise. The DUO is the first in a series of partnerships that take nutrition from the table to the cosmetic counter.”
Why Vitamin D:
· Vitamin D sufficiency may be as important to disease prevention as eating healthy and working out.
· Vitamin D deficiency may be linked to cancer, cardiovascular disease, autoimmune disease, bone loss, eczema, psoriasis, depression, and many other serious health conditions.
· Vitamin D directly or indirectly controls over 1,000 genes in the body.
· It’s not possible to get enough Vitamin D through food sources or diet.
· Seasonal variations (such as dreary weather in the winter), geographical location, and aging reduce our skin’s ability to manufacture Vitamin D from sunlight.
The Dish on the DUO - A Complete “Nutrition Sandwich”:
The new VitaD Fortified™ Illuminating DUO combines Skin Authority’s VitaD Fortified™ Topical Elixir to brighten and strengthen the skin with its VitaD Fortified™ Whole Food Spice Powder, an whole food powder to sprinkle on your food throughout the day to replenish the body’s internal Vitamin D levels.
Suggests Hilling, “Vitamin D is manufactured in the skin. Less than 1% of the nutrients we ingest ever makes its way to the skin. In addition to boosting internal levels of D, we need to also insure our skin is receiving its benefits as well. The VitaD Fortified™ Illuminating DUO is an easy, effective way to add Vitamin D into a daily routine without the hassle factor. The unique ‘inside out’ delivery system offers a complete nutrition sandwich that is safe for everyone.”
-VitaD Fortified™ Topical Elixir is a multi-action, lightweight formula that provides a topical dose of Vitamin D and essential nutrients to nourish the skin for firm, bright luminosity. Key benefits:
· Vitamin rich compound infuses skin with essential skin nutrients including, A, D2, D3, E, and K
· Includes both forms of Vitamin D, D2 and D3, for a full-spectrum effect
· Contains a powerful oligopeptide to firm and brighten skin with continued use
· Is completely oil free, incorporating the Dry Finish Technology™ exclusive from Skin Authority
-VitaD Fortified™ Whole Food Spice Powder provides an all-natural, plant-based Vitamin D source in its whole form for more nutritional impact that works with any diet – including vegan or raw. Key benefits:
· Only 100% vegan, plant-source of Vitamin D
· Each teaspoon (1.42g) equals 600 IU of Vitamin D, making it easier for anyone to reach their recommended daily value
· Shaker dispenser for ease of adding to any meal or drink
· Easily added to soups, sauces, casseroles, dressings, entrees, pasta, rice, oatmeal, smoothies, etc.
The VitaD Fortified™ Illuminating DUO retails for $79 (US$ suggested) and includes the VitaD Fortified™ Topical Elixir, (1.0 fl oz/ 30 ml) which retails for $59 (US$ suggested) and the VitaD Fortified™ Whole Food Spice Powder (1.0 oz / 28.4 g) which retails for $20 (US$ suggested). More information about the VitaD Fortified™ line of products is available at www.skinauthority.com/VitaD-Fortified. These products are available on www.SkinAuthority.com and through the Skin Authority network of exclusive spas and prestige retailers.
About Skin Authority – Skin Authority is the leading healthy skin lifestyle company that develops pure and powerful products without parabens, added fragrance, dyes or animal testing. Free skin care coaching from Skin Authority experts at SkinAuthority.com helps consumers make healthy choices to ensure a lifetime of youthful, radiant skin. Skin Authority is available exclusively at leading spas, high-end retailers as well as online through www.SkinAuthority.com.
Sources: WebMD.com; "The Vitamin D Solution", Michael Holick, MD, PhD; Skin Authority; Dole Nutrition Institute