Indianapolis, IN, January 10, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- Recruiting is now underway for participation in a local job training and work experience opportunity called PriorITize. This career advancing training focuses on careers in Information Technology.
Upcoming training opportunities include Electronic System Technician, Cisco CCNA, Certified Associate Project Management and Project Management Professional. Training is available at no cost to qualified trainees. Enrolled training participants may also be eligible to participate in an international project work experience.
Participation in 10 weeks of work experience includes:
• Classroom instruction on the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Management of a web-based project within an international virtual project team.
• Development of technical project management experience in IT to strengthen IT training and credentials.
• Additional work experience while pursuing IT training or searching for your next job.
“Through PriorITize, members of our team have achieved skills and credentials that not only benefit their personal skill set, but also enhance the work they do for our business,” said Chad Brewer, Production Manager at Digitech Custom Audio and Video, Inc. “It’s unique to find a program that offers such beneficial training to current employees without a large price-tag.”
Digitech has hired one participant from EST Level 1 – job training for entry-level ESPA-certified EST technicians – and sent four incumbent workers through higher level EST training.
Program benefits to participants:
• Industry specific training plan.
• Coaching, evaluation and assessment from industry career advisors and expert teams.
• Industry recognized certification.
• Assistance with tuition, books, fees, supportive services and necessary certification expenses.
• Work readiness training.
• Work experience, externships and on-the-job training, when applicable.
• Must be an unemployed or under-employed worker.
• Must be 18, a U.S. citizen, and resident of Marion or surrounding counties.
• Must have an interest and aptitude for IT related career.
• Must be willing to pursue an associate’s degree or industry certification.
• Must have a clean background check
• Must complete work readiness training.
Training and work experience opportunities begin in February. Training duration and dates vary by program. Applications are currently being accepted. Individuals interested in participating in PriorITize can contact Will Frazier or Jan Miller at WorkOne Indianapolis North, 317-228-0682, or email email@example.com. Participants may also apply at any Indianapolis WorkOne center or any WorkOne center in Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Madison, Morgan and Shelby counties.
PriorITize will train and place 300 eligible participants over three years in one of three of the fastest growing IT career positions in the Indianapolis area. The U.S. Department of Labor in June 2010 awarded a $2.9 million grant to EmployIndy to help fund the initiative. Unemployed and underemployed workers in Marion and surrounding counties are being recruited with the focus on preparing a pipeline of workers to fill high-demand career positions of Health Information Technology, Computer Information Technology, and Electronic Systems.
EmployIndy is Marion County’s local workforce development organization dedicated to advancing workforce solutions for Indianapolis. EmployIndy manages the three WorkOne centers in Marion County and invests public and private funds for job training and education services to prepare a pipeline of skilled workers to fill the high demand jobs of today and in the future. Formed in 1983, EmployIndy is led by president and CEO Brooke Huntington. For more information visit www.EmployIndy.org.