Brecksville, OH, July 27, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- 247Learn (http://www.247learn.com), a new online learning service, announced the introduction of several comprehensive online course packages each of which offers individuals access for six months for only $60. Each course package is designed to make high-quality web-based courses available to the general public at a low cost.
The packages available include:
- Office Computing (258 Courses)
- Web Development (311 Courses)
- IT Professional (399 Courses)
- Technical Microsoft (379 Courses)
- Business Skills (104 Courses)
- Home and Small Business (62 Courses)
- Project Management (45 Courses)
- Business Skill Videos: Essentials (61 Courses)
- Business Skill Videos: Management (76 Courses)
- Business Skill Videos: Personal Development (44 Courses)
- Business Skill Videos: Intro to Six Sigma (4 Courses)
- Technical Mainframe (79 Courses).
The packages from 247Learn provides a variety of courses on business, technical and software application topics. Courses in the package include titles such as: Word 2007- Getting Started
- Project Management Overview
- Dreamweaver 8 - New Design Tools
- Photoshop 7 - The Application and its Elements
- Guerilla Marketing
- Six Sigma: Fundamentals
- Raising Financing
- Building Customer Loyalty
- 401K Basics.
A complete list of courses for each package is available at the 247Learn web site. Also available with each package, for an additional $30 fee, is an Instant Mentoring service which provides 247Learn subscribers with online access to experts who can assist in the learning process by answering questions about the course materials.
With a 247Learn subscription an individual can get access to a library of learning materials to build new business or personal skills, learn a new computer application or prepare for an IT certification exam such as the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or any of the various software certifications including offerings from Microsoft, Oracle and Cisco.
Online learning has become a major source of training and education for individuals at all levels, from K-12 student to college student to working professional and its usage is growing:
- An American Digital Schools 2006 survey found that online learning is currently used by only 4 percent of K-12 students but that this number is expected to grow to 15% by 2011.
- In 2006, there were 3.2 million postsecondary students in the United States that took at least one online course, according to the Sloan Consortium. This represents a 25% increase over the previous year.
- According to a Bersin and Associates research report, budgets for corporate training are averaging 7% growth and companies spend an average of $1,273 annually to train each of their employees.
Joe Jurczyk, president of 247Learn, says, "With web-based learning, individuals can enhance their education at their convenience, anytime and anywhere. We are proud to offer these web-based packages at a low cost so that many people and organizations who otherwise may not be able to afford such training will be able to take advantage of the offering." The 247Learn course packages were developed through a partnership with CyberLearning, a 501c3 nonprofit organization that provides online learning to schools. "As the national nonprofit leader in bridging the digital divide through digital education, CyberLearning provides 2,500 high quality online courses in IT and business topics, with or without 24/7 instant live mentoring, to organizations serving the disadvantaged at a very affordable fee", states Dr. Appu Kuttan, founder and chairman of CyberLearning. "Our partnership with 247Learn will enable us to reach a larger audience to help fulfill that mission."
Individuals can sign up for a 247Learn course package directly on the web at http://www.247learn.com Additional discounts are available to nonprofit organizations and for group purchases by corporations and other organizations.
For more information, contact:
P.O. Box 41064
Brecksville, OH 44141 USA