Ness-Ziona, Israel, February 20, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- When designing the next system an integration engineer faces a need to find an appropriate rugged/military grade communication converter quickly. InTalTech has recognized that growing need for compact, rugged adapters, which allow an integrator to expand system capabilities without getting into the long process of design, production and qualification of "small bricks" within a complex solution. InTalTech's MILCOMM™ line of products is the answer to that growing need.
Expanding its MILCOMM™ line of compact rugged communication converters, InTalTech is proud to introduce new Military grade 6 ports Ethernet Switch (Model ETH100-6P). This high performance unit is designed to meet MIL-STD-810F, MIL-STD-461E, MIL-STD-1275B. The product is enclosed in a 4U²™ sealed aluminum casing complying with IP65 and operating at a temperature range of -35 to 70°C.
The unique U²™ mechanical concept is an easy to install module designed to meet harshest environmental conditions for airborne, naval and ground applications. Each of U² products is a modular Lego-style unit providing easy plug'n'play installation and eventually creates endless possibilities to combine various U² modules into one rugged structure. For instance, a combination of 10U² units in a line creates a 19” module. This military grade Ethernet switch might be directly installed on virtually any surface. This is exactly a "small brick", which helps to solve environmental and integration problems quickly and efficiently.
Additional technical specifications:
- 6-port POE (power over Ethernet): Fully compliant to IEEE 802.3af on all 6 ports
- 10BaseT/100BaseTX Fast Ethernet
- Unmanaged operation (Managed – optional)
- Full/Half duplex operation
- Wire speed performance with max. 2K frames
- Auto negotiation for Ethernet speed/duplex/flow cont.
- Auto-crossover for Ethernet MDI/MDIX wiring
- Auto polarity protection
- QoS (Quality of Service): Port-based QoS with 4 traffic classes:
- IEEE 802.1p, TOS/DS, IPv6 TC, Port MAC.
- Port-based VLAN
- RSTP (rapid spanning tree protocol): Rapid/Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) complies with IEEE 802.1D/w/s
- Rugged industrial RJ45 connectors
- 3 LED's: Link/Activity; Speed; Duplex/Collision
- Power connector: Glenair 801-009-07NF9-4PA or compatible
- Unused ports are dust/moisture protected by attached silicone plugs
- No fans
- Mechanical characteristics: weight – approx. 340 gr; length-177 mm; width – 43.6 mm; height – 36.5 mm.
Model modifications include: ETH100-6P with onboard PoE components with or without internal PoE power supply.
Rugged is simple. U square it.
InTalTech Ltd. develops, manufactures and markets the TBDocK™ ToughBook docking station solutions, MILCOMM™ communication products and MILCONN™ connectivity solutions for the military, industrial and medical business markets. As well, InTalTech is a Design Center providing development, engineering, qualification and manufacturing services for mechanical and electronic hardware projects.