Raleigh, NC, March 02, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- Steve Parrott, president of Wake Education Partnership (http://www.wakeedpartnership.org/), has announced the 2013 Pieces of Gold annual student performance will be held at Memorial Auditorium on Wednesday, March 13 at 7 p.m. This year’s show, celebrating the event’s 30th anniversary, will feature performances by more than 800 Wake County public school students from 28 different schools.
The performance will highlight student talent from around the community and honor the dedication of students, faculty and staff through the artistic Pieces of Gold presentation. Of the 45 schools that auditioned, the following were chosen to participate:
- Elementary schools: Barwell Road, Briarcliff, Cedar Fork, Combs, Conn, Fuquay-Varina, Lacy, Millbrook, North Forest Pines, North Ridge, Oak Grove, Smith, Sycamore Creek, Underwood, Walnut Creek, Washington and Zebulon.
- Middle schools: Centennial Campus, Ligon, Martin and Salem.
- High schools: Garner, Knightdale, Enloe, Leesville Road, Sanderson, Southeast Raleigh and Wake Forest-Rolesville.
PNC will serve as the Pieces of Gold 30th Anniversary Sponsor.
“PNC focuses its philanthropic mission on early childhood education and community and economic development, which includes the arts and culture,” said Paula Fryland, PNC regional president for Eastern Carolinas. “As 30th Anniversary Sponsor for the Pieces of Gold program, PNC supports Wake Education Partnership’s mission of helping the children of Wake County to prepare for a bright future.”
“We greatly appreciate the overwhelming support of the local community in helping us celebrate our 30th year of the Pieces of Gold arts performance,” said Parrott. “By recognizing and supporting arts education in our schools for three decades, Pieces of Gold is a true testament to the talents and hard work of our teachers, students and parents who participate in this outstanding program for Wake County.”
New Media Content:
Wake Education Partnership Facebook page:
- To purchase tickets to Pieces of Gold Tickets, visit
- For more information about Pieces of Gold, visit http://www.wakeedpartnership.org/events/d/POG2013InformationSheetV4.pdf
About Wake Education Partnership:
Wake Education Partnership plays a critical role in helping business leaders, elected officials and educators work toward the common goal of increasing student performance measured against world-class standards. Through its Building Leaders initiative, the work of the Partnership is funded exclusively by investments from the business community and from individuals who want to help children excel in the classroom and succeed in life. For more information, please visit http://www.wakeedpartnership.org.
MMI Public Relations