Wilmslow, United Kingdom, March 27, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- The Healthcare Innovation Expo 2013 brought together students, staff and organisations from across the health sector in order to discuss the current changes, potential challenges and future direction of the health industry.
An analysis of the responses obtained from the Idox healthcare survey conducted at the event identifies the following:
· A total of 41% of the respondents rated ‘lack of funding for projects’ as the most critical threat facing their organisation at the current time.
· Over half of all survey respondents (51%) recognised ‘soft skills’ such as communication and teamworking as the biggest skills gap within their organisation. A total of 35% also noted that ‘management skills’ represented a major organisational skills gap.
· Over a quarter of survey respondents hadn’t received any legal or ethical compliance training from their employer.
· Of the respondents that noted that they had undertaken training courses, there was an even 50/50 split between face-to-face training and training provided by e-learning software.
· A total of 25% of the respondents that had undertaken training recently, hadn’t been provided with a certificate or record of attendance following such courses.
· Some 34% of respondents rated their organisation’s track record in securing grant funding as ‘requiring improvement’, with a further quarter unable to comment as they didn’t know enough information about their organisation’s funding strategy.
· Over half of all survey respondents indicated that they thought that ‘finding eligible funds quicker’ would improve their chances of securing funding. 45% of the respondents also noted that relevant training in areas such as putting together funding applications would help.
Marketing and Communications Director Rebecca Erskine comments, “The findings indicate that access to funding, support in securing funding and staff training are high on the agenda for healthcare organisations. It is currently a period of enormous change for the health sector and it is no surprise that lack of funding featured as a significant concern for those with whom we spoke to at this year’s Healthcare Innovation Expo. We hope to support those operating in the health sector through the uncertainty of changing responsibilities to ensure that their success in procuring funding is not impacted.”
For more information on GRANTfinder 4 Health (Europe’s only funding information service dedicated to the specific needs of healthcare organisations, featuring in excess of 5,000 funding opportunities, and which was launched at the Healthcare Expo), the healthcare survey research findings or Idox Information Solutions’ current support offerings to the health sector, please contact the Idox Marketing team at: email@example.com.
Notes to Editors
1. The Healthcare Innovation Expo 2013 healthcare survey was completed by a total of 110 delegates.
2. Idox Information Solutions has, since 1985, been operating as Europe’s leading provider of funding and policy information services. It offers support to organisations seeking to identify and secure grant funding, whilst also helping them to develop a wider understanding of compliance: http://is.idoxgroup.com.
3. Idox Information Solutions showcased GRANTfinder 4 Health at the Healthcare Innovation Expo, along with: other information services in policy and intelligence; its Open 4 Training & Development portal for staff training; and its compliance and corporate communications e-learning software.