Edinburgh, United Kingdom, March 30, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- Self-Directed Support Scotland
· Elaine Torrance, Head of Social Care and Health, Scottish Borders Council, and Member, Self-Directed Support Strategy Implementation Group
· Chair: Keith Etherington, National Coordinator, In Control Scotland
· Yvonne Stewart, Development Manager Self-Directed Support, Alzheimer Scotland
· Kenneth Leinster, Head of Community Care and Housing, South Ayrshire Council
· Peter Scott, Chief Executive, ENABLE Scotland
With the duties and powers outlined in the Social Care (Self-directed Support) (Scotland) Act expected to come into force in March 2014, Capita’s Self-Directed Support Scotland Conference gives delegates an insight into evolving policy around the new legislation and practical guidance on preparing for implementation.
Bringing together pioneering practioners from local authorities, housing, health and social care providers, and the third sector, the conference provides expert advice on delivering more flexible, personalised support services that give people more choice, control and independence.
Contact: Richard Goddard on email@example.com