Marlboro, NJ, April 16, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- SMARTFormulator LLC, a Marlboro, New Jersey-based developer of the SMARTFormulator formulations/ ingredients management software and SMART-MRP Batch Production and Inventory management solutions, will introduce the comprehensive, integrated platform with new Bar Coding, Weighing Scale Integration & Oracle integration capabilities at the New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists Suppliers Day at the NJ Convention and Expo Raritan Center, May 14/15.
The SMARTFormulator / SMART-MRP combination provides an intuitive, fully integrated, standardized centralized platform enabling end-to-end information management for formulations and ingredients, regulatory, quality control, purchasing, and batch production, inventory control, component tracking etc. for manufacturing. This solution creates efficiencies, reduces time to market, and offers securitized user access with audit tracking. The company will present demos and case studies both days in Booth 347.
Launched in 2009, the SMARTFormulator, designed by chemical and personal care industry executives, eliminates the use of Excel sheets and expense and use of complex technology solutions, tools that typically present inefficiencies within small to midsize laboratories. The latest major enhancements on SMARTFormulator / SMART-MRP include capabilities for:
· HLB Calculator: there is an HLB Calculator to do some paper chemistry which will help you determine ideal hydrophilic-lipophilic balancing values)
· Bar Coding and Inventory Tracking of Raw Materials: Complete lot-batch traceability up and down the supply chain
· Weighing Scale Integration for avoiding operator errors while mixing- Operator is prompted through the weighing process, mitigating the risk of operator errors
· ORACLE integration (integration/interface into Oracle ERP system): Integrate with other MS-SQL databases or Oracle systems with our export/import or direct interface into your Oracle ERP systems. SMARTFormulator provides data interchange of raw ingredients and provide pre-populated regulatory and ingredient content for Oracle and Agile PLM users. This is a critical time saver and enhancement to improve the laboratory management aspect for the Oracle ERP solution.
Additionally, the SMARTFormulator can integrate with Quickbooks, SAGE, MAS systems, and more to create integrated formulations to manufacturing workflow.
Other Enhancements being unveiled:
Component Tracking System (SMART-FACTS Filling & Component Tracking System): Filling & Assembly Components needs to (assemble) pack-out after manufacturing is tracked in a separate Component Tracking System within the SMART-MRP Batch Production & Inventory System which tracks your in-house inventory of your components and Customer Inventory where you can keep track of Customer provided component inventory.
- Ability to upload graphics/artwork and component spec sheets for each formula.
- Ability to identify and segment “approved” and general suppliers.
- Approval of Suppliers and specific raw materials that they supply.
More Intuitive Formulation Upload/Design
- Excel-to- SMARTFormulator Raw Ingredient and Formula Upload Utility
- Easier and error free data entry for Formula Development
- Supplier Raw Material Mass Cost Update Utility (saves your purchasing team a lot of time in updating supplier costs on raw materials)
One-Click Batch Audit Track Report (for cGMP / audits)
· With one click, if you provide the Batch Ticket, all historical information and all events that occurred to create that specific batch is easy obtained in a comprehensive report.
Rachel Schneider, Director Business Development noted: “Our clients, which include leading contract manufacturers, finished goods, and formulary labs are beginning to run their entire operations on the SMARTFormulator and SMART-MRP system. With the retirement of SAGE PFW, need for improving automation in light of regulatory needs and compliance, and the rapid progression away from Excel – the time has come for an integrated, easy to use, platform. As always we unveil the major enhancements at the New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists because this is a group fully appreciating the value brought to their entire operation.”
The SMARTFormulator team will present SMARTFormulator/ SMART-MRP demos at the show as well as demonstrate its versatility across technology platforms like the IPad and Touchscreen.