New York, NY, April 18, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- Atlas of Anatomy Latin Nomenclature, Second Edition, recently published by Thieme, is the Latin version of the latest edition of Anne Gilroy et al.’s award-winning Atlas of Anatomy which became a bestseller by promoting the process of learning anatomy while providing exquisite art and clinical context. This new edition takes the same user-friendly approach as the first edition and is packed with over 2,400 full-color illustrations. It guides users step-by-step through each region of the body, helping them master the details of anatomy.
Popular features retained from the first edition:
• Coverage of each region intuitively arranged to simplify learning: beginning with the skeletal framework, then adding muscles, organs, vasculature, and nerves, and concluding with “topographic” illustrations that put it all together
• Over 170 tables summarize key anatomic information for ease of study and review
• Innovative, user-friendly format in which each two-page spread is a self-contained guide to a topic
• Muscle Fact spreads-- ideal for memorization, reference, and review--organize the essentials about muscles, including origin, insertion, innervation, and action
Features of the new edition:
• Even more clinical correlations to help students make the connection between anatomy and medicine
• Surface anatomy spreads now include regions and reference lines or planes in addition to landmarks and palpable structures to develop physical exam skills
• New sectional anatomy spreads at the end of units build familiarity with 2D views of anatomic regions
Atlas of Anatomy is the student’s choice:
“Thieme is the best anatomy atlas by far, hands down. Clearer pictures, more pictures, more realistic pictures…structures broken up in ways that make sense and shown from every angle…includes clinical correlations and summary charts of innervations and actions. That's about all there is to it. Just buy it. Thank you Thieme!!! Ok, now back to studying...”
“In my opinion this book surpasses them all. It's the artwork. The artist has found the perfect balance of detail and clarity. Some of these illustrations have to be seen to be believed …. The pearls of clinical information are very good and these add significance to the information and make it easier to remember. Easier to remember is key.”
“Impressive…remarkably effective.” – Journal of the American Medical Association
Free access to WinkingSkull.com PLUS, with over 500 images from the book for “labels –on and labels-off” review and timed self-tests for exam preparation, is included with this second edition.
Gilroy et. al
Atlas of Anatomy Latin Nomenclature, Second Edition
712 pp, 2,500 illustrations
ISBN (Americas): 9781604067477
eBook – available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
About the Authors
Anne M. Gilroy, MA, is Associate Professor, Department of Cell Biology and Deparment of Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA.
Brian R. MacPherson, PhD, is Vice Chair, Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY, USA.
Lawrence M. Ross, MD, PhD, is Adjunct Professor, Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX, USA.
Thieme Publishing Group is a scientific and medical publishing house employing more than 950 people and maintaining offices in seven cities, including New York, Delhi, Stuttgart and three other locations in Germany. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in medical and scientific publishing. Today, Thieme is the market leading publisher of neurosurgical content and holds strong market positions in orthopedics, radiology, anatomy and chemistry, among other specialties. Thieme publishes 140 peer-reviewed journals and over 500 new books annually. The company also has a rapidly growing array of web-based products in medicine and science. State-of-the-art online products include Thieme eJournals, Thieme Electronic Book Library, the medical student website WinkingSkull.com and Thieme Teaching Assistant, an innovative web-based platform for faculty. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.