London, United Kingdom, May 13, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- These changes provide a unique opportunity to develop and deliver coordinated strategies and plans of action across local government, leveraging the combined efforts of multiple local authority teams and health system partners to improve the health of local communities.
Capita Conferences' Improving Public Health Conference will deliver a comprehensive overview of the national strategy and key priorities from Public Health England. Evidence sessions exploring five key health issues have been developed to deliver the key guidance about what works in delivering prevention and to help teams identify where to start.
Expert speakers include:
- Chair: Dr Janet Atherton, President Association of Directors of Public Health and Director of Public Health, Sefton Council
- Professor Mike Kelly, Public Health Centre Director, National Institute for Health - and Care Excellence
- Simon Antrobus, Chief Executive, Addaction
- Dr Annmarie Connelly Director, Health Equity and Impact, Health and Wellbeing - Directorate, Public Health England
- Dr Jessica Allen, Deputy Director of the Institute of Health Equity, University College London
- Councillor Jonathan McShane Cabinet Member for Health, Social Care and Culture, London Borough of Hackney
- Joanna Saunders, Head of Health Improvement Rotherham Public Health, Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
- Dr Andrew Furber, Director of Public, Health Wakefield Council
- Andrea Duncan, Programme Manager, Sexual Health and HIV, Department of Health
For more information please visit:
Or contact Kate Parnell : 0207 202 0562, firstname.lastname@example.org