Stan Lee, William Shatner, "Charmed" and "Firefly" Reunion Q&As, Comics Panels, Evening Parties, Movies Fuel Largest Programming Schedule at Wizard World Philadelphia
Q&A sessions featuring Stan Lee, William Shatner, the casts of "Charmed" and "Firefly," comics panels, movie screenings, parties and more highlight programming options at Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, May 30 - June 2 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Henry Winkler, Manu Bennett, James Marsters and Ray Park are among the other stars conducting Q&As, and Marvel sessions lead four days packed with comic-themed programming.
Standout programming at the event includes:
· Q&As with Lee, Shatner, Winkler, Barrowman, Bennett, James Marsters, Ray Park, Michael Rooker and other stars
· Reunions of “Firefly” headliners Adam Baldwin, Summer Glau, Jewel Staite and Gina Torres; the “Charmed” trio of Shannen Doherty, Holly Marie Combs and Brian Krause; and the pairing of two “Supermans” in Dean Cain and Brandon Routh; and the tag-team of WWE® Superstar Daniel Bryan® and WWE® Hall Of Famer Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat™
· Two Marvel Comics panels, “Breaking Into Comics The Marvel Way” and “From Now! To Infinity”
· Evening parties on Thursday, May 30 (Con Bro Chill concert for VIP badgeholders, Trocadero Theatre), Friday, May 31 (Super Art Fight, Tavern on Broad) and Saturday, June 1 (After Party, Field House)
· Screenings of Weekend at Bernie's with Andrew McCarthy (Friday 7 p.m., Terrace Ballroom) and Police Academy with Steve Guttenberg (Saturday 7 p.m., Room 108) sponsored by The Awesome Fest, and Skull World (Thursday, 6 p.m., Room 111)
· Dozens of comics-themed panels with industry leaders with advice on how to break into the field, get work seen, etc., plus portfolio reviews by Marvel and Zenescope
· Costume contests for adults (Saturday) and Kids (Sunday)
· Kids Day (Sunday) with an array of panels and events designed especially for children
A full list of Wizard World Philadelphia programming is below; further details on each at http://www.wizardworld.com/programming-pa.html (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
*Seating for panels is strictly limited and available on a first served basis. Wizard World does not clear all panel rooms unless attendees are seated in a section that is marked with a sign at the end of the row reading: Row will be cleared at the end of each panel.
Terrace Ballroom will cleared after each panel.
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms at Pennsylvania Convention Center. Most are included as part of standard Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con admission; VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con show hours are Thursday, May 30, 3-8 p.m.; Friday, May 31, noon – 7 p.m.; Saturday, June 1, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., Sunday, June 2, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
For more on the 2013 Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/home-pa.html.