DSI to Bring Together DoD and VA and Federal Health Agencies for Their 5th DoD/VA iEHR & HIE Summit
Defense Strategies Institute has announced the 5th iteration of their highly regarded DoD/VA iEHR & HIE Summit series that benefits the 501c3 Wounded Warrior Project: taking place September 30 – October 1, 2013 at The Carnegie Library at Mt. Vernon Sq, Washington, D.C.
Those perspectives will include a variety of recent topics surrounding not just the DoD and VA efforts at creating an integrated and interoperable EHR system, but how health IT can be employed to advance the move from “healthcare to health”. “We will be bringing several new speakers into our forum in September, and will be pushing the conversations to look beyond just the EHR applications for IT/IM solutions,” further stated Ms. Mckenzie.
A glance at their agenda reveals a list of these new speakers that will be speaking at the Summit, including:
* The Honorable Frank Kendall, Under Secretary AT&L, DoD, providing an in depth keynote on "Meeting the Secretaries' Mandate for a seamlessly interoperable an integrated EHR System"
* Mr. David Bowen, CIO, MHS on "Standing up a Shared Services IT organizations in the Military Health System"
* Ms. Lorraine Landfried, DCIO, Product Development, VA addressing "Heath IT Product Development Overarching Goals in the VA"
* COL Dave Parramore, USA, CTO, Army Medicine, providing a session on "Data Utilization and Modernization for Health IT"
* Ms.Terhilda Garrido, VP, HIT Transformation & Analytics, Kaiser Permanente, discussing "Big Data vs. Little Data" and its impact on clinical operations and how Kaiser approaches research
“We hope that after two intense days of frank and open discussions, that those in attendance, both as speakers and delegates, can walk away with knowledge gained and actionable take-aways,” conclude Ms. Mckenzie.
The Summit benefits the non profit 501c3 Wounded Warrior Project through DSI’s personal financial donations to the WWP.
Anyone interested in participating in the Summit can go to Defense Strategies’ Institute website at http://dsigroup.org for more information or directly to the Summit site at http://iehrsummit.dsigroup.org