Wichita, KS, August 15, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- INVISTA’s CORDURA® Lite fabrics were selected to help bring optimal strength-to-weight to Billabong’s Platinum Collection. The line, debuting in the United States in August 2013, features three backpacks and two travel bags for consumers who seek sleek, durable performance from their gear while on the go.
“Billabong has long been a leader in surf, skate, and snow gear, and we are excited to be working with them,” said Cindy McNaull, global CORDURA® brand marketing director. “Our collection of CORDURA® Lite fabrics pair perfectly with Billabong’s durable line of products for both rugged outdoor adventure and travel alike.”
CORDURA® Lite fabrics offer enhanced tear and abrasion resistance with a wide variety of styling options. The fabrics are constructed with qualifying air bag technology yarns, which are woven in accordance with INVISTA’s approved durability fabric standards for the CORDURA® brand.
Packs from Billabong’s Platinum Collection include:
· The Apex Pack: As marquee piece of the Platinum Collection, this pack is designed for the durable and ergonomic user. With a 15-17” internal laptop sleeve, tricot-lined sunglass/audio pocket, drink bottle side pocket, stowaway rain cover, side entry passport stash pocket, and removable wax/sunscreen sleeve, this bag has comprehensive offerings for the extreme adventurer. It also includes dual main entry with quick zip front access, holds 9x standard thruster fins and includes an expandable neoprene pocket, ventilation eyelets, hideaway waist straps, internal mesh zip compartments and multiple side pockets.
· Combat Backpack: This pack, with a load capacity of 35 liters, offers two large main compartments, side entry, 17” laptop compartment, tricot lined sunglass and audio pocket, side entry passport stash pocket, and ergonomic and padded straps and panels for enhanced comfort.
· Recruit Backpack: Holding 30 liters of material, this pack has two large main compartments, internal 17” laptop compartment, tricot lined sunglass and audio pocket, reinforced padded walls, quilt stitching, internal mesh zip pockets, stationary compartments, multiple side pockets, padded ergonomic back straps, and raised and padded mesh back panels.
· Oceanic Carry On Bag: Available in stealth and navy, this carry-on compatible bag offers a molded EVA base and axle guard, sandwich construction with mesh dividers, durable trolley system with skate wheels, enhanced fabric reinforcements, printed telescopic handle, and is ideally suited for a laptop. Weighing in at 2.5 kilograms, it holds 38 liters of material.
· Atlantic Travel Bag: This travel bag is a model for a molded EVA base and axle guard, sandwich construction with mesh dividers, large external wet and dry boot pocket, compression straps, durable trolley system, printed telescopic handle, and a metal badge. Weighing only 4 kilograms, it holds 110 liters. This pack comes in stealth, navy, and burnt orange colors.
To see the Platinum Collection, visit www.billabong.com. For more in-depth information on CORDURA® Lite fabrics collection, visit http://www.cordura.com/en/fabric-technology/lite-fabric.html.
About Billabong International Limited
Billabong International Limited's core business is the marketing, distribution, wholesaling and retailing of apparel, accessories, eyewear, wetsuits and hardgoods in the boardsports sector under the Billabong, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua Surf Company, Kustom, Palmers Surf, Nixon, Xcel, Tigerlily, Sector 9, and RVCA brands.
About CORDURA® brand
INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand essence celebrates individual durability: As Long As The World Is Full Of Durable People, We’ll Keep Making Durable Fabrics™. Known for its resistance to abrasions, tears and scuffs, CORDURA® fabric is a primary ingredient in many of the world’s leading high-performance gear and apparel products ranging from luggage, upholstery and backpacks to footwear, military equipment, tactical wear, workwear and performance apparel. The CORDURA® brand is a registered trademark of INVISTA, one of the world’s largest integrated polymer, intermediates and fibers businesses. To distinguish the CORDURA® brand, the word “CORDURA®” must be spelled out in all caps in and used with an ®, and it must be followed by the word “brand” or “fabric.”
To learn more about INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand, end-use products, and marketing tools please visit www.CORDURA.com and follow on Facebook http://facebook.com/CORDURABrand, Twitter http://twitter.com/CORDURAbrand and YouTube http://youtube.com/CORDURAbrand.
INVISTA is one of the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex and polyester applications. With a business presence in over 20 countries, INVISTA’s global businesses deliver exceptional value for their customers through technology innovations, market insights and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including: ADI-PURE®, ANTRON®, AVORA®, C12™, COMFOREL®, COOLMAX®, CORDURA®, CORFREE®, DACRON®, DBE®, DYTEK®, FRESHFX®, LYCRA®, PERFORMA™, POLARGUARD®, POLYSHIELD®, POLYCLEAR®, SOLARMAX®, STAINMASTER®, SUPPLEX®, SUPRIVATM, TACTEL®, TACTESSE®, TERATE®, TERATHANE® and THERMOLITE®. For more information, visit www.INVISTA.com.