San Jose, CA, August 17, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- Building Peaceful Families (BPF), a Silicon Valley non-profit organization, today unveiled the new Silicon Valley Fatherhood Hall of Fame display at the Santa Clara County Government Center, located at 70 West Hedding Street in San Jose. The exhibit includes the names of nearly 80 Top Community Dads, prominent Bay Area men who have been honored and celebrated by BPF over the course of seven years.
Silicon Valley Fatherhood Hall of Fame members are exceptional men who have been recognized for their strong commitment to their own families, and to the children and families of Silicon Valley. These are local heroes who know that being a committed, responsible, and involved father means far more than being a great dad to their own kids. They reach out in their communities, they get involved, and they selflessly serve as positive male role models to other dads and, more importantly, to kids who may not have father figures in their lives.
“Fatherhood Hall of Fame dads come from all walks of life -- coaches, businessmen, physicians, elected officials, media representatives, hard-working tradesmen, judges, and many others. But they all have one thing in common: they are committed to making Silicon Valley and the Bay Area a better place for our children and families,” said Sharon Chatman, Building Peaceful Families’ Founder and Board Chair.
Each year, Building Peaceful Families recognizes Top Community Dads at their annual Top Dads Award Luncheon, and those men are inducted into the Fatherhood Hall of Fame. This year’s honorees include:
- Rick Callender - Deputy Director, Office of Government Relations, Santa Clara Valley Water District
- Frank Carbajal - Es Tiempo & Silicon Valley Latino Leadership Summit
- Raj Jayadev - Founder, Silicon Valley Debug
- Willie McDonald - Former San Jose Fire Chief
- Ray Mueller - Community Organizer
- Al Painter - President & Founder, Integrate Performance Fitness
- Jose Sandoval - Retired Tile Fitter
- Mark Stone - Assembly Member, California State Assembly, District 29
- Damian Trujillo - NBC Bay Area News Reporter
- Frank Yallop - Former Head Coach, San Jose Earthquakes
“It is truly inspirational to stand in front of this Fatherhood Hall of Fame display that represents and honors so many of our outstanding citizens for their countless hours of service to our community,” commented Dave Cortese, County Supervisor, District 3. “Silicon Valley is a better place for our children and families, thanks to the selfless acts of these amazing men.”
The Silicon Valley Fatherhood Hall of Fame exhibit is open to the public and will be on display at the Santa Clara County Government Center (in the breezeway near the Board of Supervisors Chambers) from August 16 through October 1, 2013.
For more information, visit www.buildingpeacefulfamilies.org.