Gainesville, FL, September 13, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- With Tim Tebow leaving the Patriots, Gainesville wholesaler TBow Tees has decided to close their online business, www.TBowTees.com, on September 24th, 2013. They will sell their remaining inventory at a discount until then.
After 4 years in business, owner Lori Evans notes TBow Tees (formerly Titletown T’s) has proudly accomplished the following:
- Donated 5% of the entire store’s retail and wholesale sales to The Tim Tebow Foundation
- Partnered with over 30 retail stores to sell across the country, including shops in Colorado, Georgia, New York and Florida
- Shipped thousands of orders directly to the consumer from their base in Gainesville, Florida
- Created game day pop-up-shops in Gainesville, Jacksonville and Denver
- Donated to various UF Alumni organizations throughout the country, including New England, Denver, Jacksonville and more
What’s next? TBow Tees will continue to sell a limited amount of tees online, via eBay and Etsy, for those still looking for a unique gift for a Tebow fan. Evans, an Interior Designer, will turn her focus to her other business, Evans Home Building, which she co-owns with her husband, Philip. Evans says, “We’re sad and a bit disappointed, but we’ll always be Tim Tebow fans. We had a great run and had a lot of fun. Who knows, maybe he’ll get picked up next year and we can start this whole crazy thing over again!”
It all started with a sign... back in January, 2009 at the BCS National Championship in Miami. “We were lucky enough to have front row seats, behind the Gator bench,” said Evans, a huge Tim Tebow fan. “I wanted to make a sign so our kids at home would see us on TV. My husband was embarrassed, but I did it anyway. I came up with my clever little I Heart T Bow® slogan and it was a big hit! I had people taking pictures and they even put me on the Jumbo-Tron 3 times! On our way home the next day, I decided to trademark it and form a small company.” That’s when the shirts were born. In October, 2010, TBowTees.com began supporting the Tim Tebow Foundation. “We could not be more thrilled to support such a great organization!” says Evans.
Images of the TBow Tees are available upon request or can be seen at the TBowTees.com site.