New York, NY, September 15, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- In recent years, the banking landscape in China has changed drastically. As Chinese bankers clamor to meet the demands of their new clientele, training is an obvious focus, with conferences like Retail Banking Asia 2007 becoming a vital forum for educating top executives throughout Asia.
The event will host many prominent speakers from various organizations including:
• Cartier Lam, Executive Vice President, Bank of East Asia
• Nicholas Hassack, Director Prudential, Payments and Competition, Australian Bankers’ Association
• Steve Managhan, Head of Consumer Finance, Overseas-Chinese Banking Corporation (OCBC)
• Trevor Williams, Chief Economist/Managing Director of Economic Research, Lloyds TSB Corporate Markets
• Yeong-Geun Han, Director and Head of Retail Banking Division, Industrial Bank of Korea
• Christine Ip, Country Head for Consumer Banking in China, Standard Chartered Bank
• Therese Torris, Program Director, European Financial Management & Marketing Association (EFMA)
• Lynne Sutherland, Head of Retail Development, ANZ
• Mike Knapp, Chairman, Competitive Capital
• Geoffrey de Schrevel, Head of Payments Market and Solutions, SWIFT
• Jane Hennessy, Senior Vice President and Manager, Wells Fargo Bank
• Alfred C.M. Mak, Deputy Chief Executive and Head of Private Banking, AIG Private Bank Ltd (Hong Kong Branch)
• Hirokazu Yanaoka, President, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd. (China)
• Sheng Songcheng, Director, People’s Bank of China
• Wang Huaqing, Assistant President, China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC); Director-General, CBRC Shanghai Office
• Jin Bingrong, President, Agricultural Bank of China
• Ning Liming, President, China Construction Bank
• Chen Xin, President, Bank of Shanghai
• Ji Xiaohui, Chairman, Shanghai Pudong Development Bank
• Philippe Aguignier, Vice President (China), BNP Paribas & Bank of Nanjing
Dr. Linda Eagle, President of The Edcomm Group, said, “This is an excellent opportunity to show the bankers in China the value of Edcomm’s Banker’s Academy curriculum, particularly as it applies to training topics for retail banking, wealth management, private banking, risk management and branch profitability.”
Established in 2004, Global Leaders Institute (www.globaleaders.com/en/2007/rb/rb.asp) is an intelligence provider for corporate leaders, business elites, academics and professors through high-level events, trade shows and industry reports.
The Edcomm Group is a 20-year-old multimedia education and communication consulting firm specializing in the development of creative business solutions that improve productivity, customer service and market share - providing bottom-line results. The Edcomm Group has had the privilege of assisting many distinguished clients with business solutions in the form of eLearning programs, classroom instruction, multimedia production and online and print based documentation. Edcomm's Banker's Academy offers many off-the-shelf and customized courses such as Teller Training, Compliance Training and Systems Training specifically designed for Banks, Credit Unions and Money Services Businesses (MSBs).
The Edcomm Group (www.edcomm.com) (www.bankersacademy.com) is headquartered in New York City with an Advanced Design Center located in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania.