US Border Security Summit Convenes in Two Weeks
In two weeks leading US, Canadian and Mexican Partners will address the most pressing technology and policy issues effecting US Border Security. This 2nd Annual exclusive educational and training US Border Security "Town Hall" Summit will expand on this years theme "Enhancing Security for Trade, Travel & Commerce"
America shares 7,000 miles of land border with Canada and Mexico, as well as rivers, lakes and coastal waters around the country. These borders are vital economic gateways that account for trillions of dollars in trade and travel each year. They are also home to some of North America’s largest cities and communities. Protecting these borders from the illegal movement of weapons, drugs, contraband, and people, while promoting lawful entry and exit, is essential to Tri-National homeland security, public safety, economic prosperity, and national sovereignty.
DSI’s Border Security Summit advances goals to secure US borders through discussions on personnel, technology, and infrastructure; as well as working closely with Canadian and Mexican, federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial partners in a full spectrum event.
2013 Speakers Include:
* David Heyman - Assistant Secretary for Policy, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
* Admiral (ret) Thad Allen- Executive Vice President, BAH, 23rd Commandant, US Coast Guard
* Eric Slinn - Chief Superintendent, Drugs and Organized Crime, Royal Canadian Mounted Police
* James Dinkins - Executive Associate Director, Homeland Security Investigations, Immigration and Customs Enforcement
* Mark S. Borkowski - Assistant Commissioner - Office of Technology Innovation and Acquisition, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
* Ronald Vitiello - Deputy Chief, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
* Jon McEntee - Deputy Director for the Borders and Maritime Security Division, S&T DHS
* Adam W. Salerno - Senior Director, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
* Erik Webb - Manager, Global Security Systems & Technology, Sandia National Laboratories
* Bert Tussing - Director of Homeland Defense and Security Issues, United States Army War College