Jacksonville, FL, September 26, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- Health World Web relaunches today as a social networking site, a virtual meeting place for healthcare consumers.
One of the most noticeable features is the Community Empowered Search Engine, where the website users can find Providers recommended by one or more communities.
But there’s so much more. Now Health World Web users can:
· Create an extensive and detailed profile that will enable them to find people just like them and to find the community that best suits their needs.
· Create their own communities to include anyone they want. They can reach out to people by gender, sexual orientation, ethnic background, geographic location—whatever their preference.
· Write reviews about healthcare providers and share their opinions with other users.
· Organize information in the format they prefer; whether by disease, treatment, or demographic preference.
· Start a blog.
· Rant or rave in Health World Web's forums.
“Social networking was really the next logical step in our evolution. We provide the venue, our users do the rest,” says Daniel Kogan, Founder and CEO of Health World Web.
As ever, Healthmarks, their social bookmarking service, allows users to tag and share health-related news stories.
As Health World Web continues to grow, they’ll provide a place where patients can reach out to doctors and doctors can reach out to patients. Providers will be able to talk directly with patients and answer their questions and concerns.
About Health World Web:
Health World Web was founded in 2006 by a diverse group of doctors, lawyers, and web professionals. They had a vision to provide a place for patients to meet and to bridge the gap between healthcare providers and healthcare consumers. Consumers can help one another by connecting to each other, providing emotional support, forming and joining communities, posting reviews and ratings of healthcare providers. Doctors and other providers can reach out to their patients.