Denver, CO, September 26, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- Top 10 Ways to Sell Your Home - by Todd Murphy
1. Repaint all necessary areas (inside and out), deep-clean or replace carpets and flooring, and groom your landscaping – fertilizing and adding extra water for all plants.
2. Hire the best agent in your neighborhood, and don’t price your home too high. You might consider ordering a full property report and valuation (AVM) online - a nice touch to have available for buyers.
3. Buy a home inspection for viewing buy buyers (and repair all defects in advance), and have your agent use this in all marketing materials.
4. Stage your home (put the clutter in a storage facility), using a professional, if necessary.
5. Order a professional Virtual Tour – people are viewing these more and more online – and making offers, site unseen. This is a fabulous marketing investment.
6. Purchase a home warranty to guarantee appliances won’t fail, and use this in your marketing as well.
7. Ensure all odors are gone by baking cookies or sauteing onions in butter prior to every showing or open house. You can even put the fresh cookies on a plate with a welcome note.
8. Create content for a nice brochure with a simple list of the home’s great benefits and keep a ready supply available in the front yard.
9. Place nicely written sticky notes in the areas that you would like to tell your story (great view from deck, new carpet, water heater replaced this year, etc.). Don’t rely on a buyer’s agent to show and/or know anything about your home – take matters into your own hands. Your agent will not be present at most showings, but ask her/him to be present whenever possible.
10. Expose your asset wherever possible, asking your agent to post your listing wherever you can, including a free listing at MyREALTY.com, home of the Global Listing Service.
The bottom line is that buyers want a turn-key home, one that their family can move into with no cleaning, repairs, or concerns.
These tips are a compilation of top suggestions from MyREALTY.com's broad array of agents and brokers, who use MyREALTY.com for increased marketing exposure.
For more tips on buying, selling and real estate investing...
MyREALTY®.com, an international media community and home of the Global Listing Service® (GLS), offers free property posting for consumers and agents, as well as, free advertising for agents, brokers, and businesses of all sizes. MyREALTY.com offers a property search engine, service provider directory, mortgage and loans throughout the U.S., professional virtual tours in over 35,000 U.S. and Canadian postal codes, detailed property reports/valuations in more than 3,200 U.S. Counties, Websites (and IDX tools) with more than 1,100 templates, and free consumer checklists and buyers/sellers guides.