Provo, UT, September 27, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- T-Splines, Inc. today announced the release of T-Splines 1.0 for Rhinoceros 3D, a plugin that makes it easier to generate precise organic models for complex surfacing applications in architecture, animation, industrial design, marine, automotive, aerospace and consumer product applications. T-Splines 1.0 for Rhino is available now at www.tsplines.com and many major Rhino resellers.
T-Splines for Rhino allows designers to easily create organic shapes from an input of curves, meshes, or NURBS surfaces. T-Spline models are differentiated from other new technologies by being 100% compatible with NURBS, the standard format for manufacturing and CAD. While T-Spline models can be as exact as any NURBS, the ability to push and pull on the T-Spline surface allows for the easy creation of complex, free-form shapes.
“T-Splines for Rhino has opened doors for organic modeling. Using T-Splines, we have designed and manufactured complex organic products in half the time it took us using our previous methods,” said Ricardo Amaral, owner of Modellistica, a Brazilian rapid prototyping company.
“T-Splines, unlike Sub-Ds, solves the problem of providing organic modeling tools with the detail and accuracy of NURBS,” stated Robert McNeel, President, Robert McNeel & Associates. “T-Splines is perfect for the Rhino organic modeler because it is well integrated into the Rhino interface and data model.”
Industrial designers can expect many benefits from T-Splines, including
• Easy polygon and subdivision surface model import. Lightweight polygonal models can be converted to manufacturable T-Spline models in the click of a button.
• Broad range of applications. Architecture, animation, marine, industrial design, consumer products, automotive, aerospace, mold design, and toy applications can all benefit.
• Smooth, gap-free surfaces of any complexity. T-Spline surfaces of any level of complexity are gap-free and smooth throughout, making them ideal for downstream detail design, analysis and manufacturing.
• NURBS compatibility. All T-Spline models are 100% compatible with NURBS, and all untrimmed NURBS can be converted exactly to a T-Spline.
• Value. The plugin is available for purchase for existing Rhino users at a special $397 introductory price.
“T-Spline technology allows designers to lay aside the traditional restraints of NURBS modeling. T-Splines gives designers a level of fine-grained control over the surface not available in products that cost many times more,” said T-Splines, Inc. CEO Matt Sederberg.
Case studies, tutorials, videos, a free 15-day trial, and more information are available at www.tsplines.com.
About T-Splines, Inc.
T-Splines, Inc. develops surface modeling software with optimal control and full industry standard compatibility for industrial designers and CAD professionals. Founded in 2004 and based in Provo, UT, USA, the company develops and markets end-user plugins and software development libraries based on its next-generation, NURBS-compatible technology.