San Diego, CA, February 04, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- TAG, Southern California’s leading provider of outsourced accounting and software solutions, along with the San Diego Chapter of the Associated General Contractors (AGC) announced the launch of a six-part series on Construction Financial Management beginning in January 2014.
Robert Scherer, President of TAG will share his financial expertise during each module of the information-rich series. The courses will help building industry executives and finance professionals become more familiar with the best practices and procedures in integral areas such as accounting, budgeting, financial planning, banking, bonding and construction software systems for job costing, project management and tracking.
Each class will be held on the last Thursday of the month from 11:30AM – 1:30PM located at the AGC Offices, 6212 Ferris Square, San Diego, CA 92121. The series include:
· January 30 – Understanding Construction Financial Statements – Review and discuss the use of balance sheets, income statements and work-in-progress reports.
· February 27 – Job Costing & Accounting - Identify the keys to accounting; emphasizing the importance of the accounts payable process and reconcile and review.
· March 27 – Banking and Bonding Management – Define the bankers and surety roles in construction and discuss the banker’s view of accounts receivable financing, “indemnity agreements”, key ratios and surety’s view of work-in-progress report.
· April 24 – Tracking Your Field Production – Discuss how to optimize construction operations with field labor and how to identify weaknesses in current field management practices.
· May 29 – Best Practices in Construction Accounting Software – Learn that your construction software is a tool that can assist in all aspects of accounting, job costing and project management.
· June 26 – Construction Financial “Boot Camp” – Review and continuation of construction financial management statements and “Cash is King” rule of thumb summary.
“The goal of the series is to provide tools, strategies and tactics any construction-related organization can use in financial planning and accounting to accelerate their business,” said Robert Scherer. “Through sharing my experiences and expertise, I will give attendees the information they need to maintain a competitive advantage.”
Scherer has more than 20 years of business and financial experience planning and managing complex programs for clients in a variety of different industries. He has worked with companies with annual revenues ranging from $1 million to over $100 million. As a former CFO, Scherer understands the financial challenges organizations encounter in an evolving marketplace and is able to help clients streamline their business performance and separate themselves from the competition.
Participants in the AGC Construction Financial Management courses will be introduced to proven tools, tactics and templates they can adapt to advance and enhance their own business plans.
Register for the entire series and save. Lunch is provided.
Cost to attend:
$329/person AGC member
$59 per class/person AGC member
$79 per class/person non-member
Founded in 1996, TAG’s mission is to help entrepreneurial companies and high-net worth individuals achieve their business and financial goals by providing an unparalleled array of customized, effective and trusted accounting services, software and counsel. Through proprietary systems, TAG becomes a highly effective extension of internal client operations, ensuring timely, dependable and cost-effective results. TAG is an authorized Sage and NetSuite solution provider. www.teamtag.net