Sydney, Australia, March 23, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- “Leading agents around the country have confirmed that the Australian property market has started 2014 with a bang. In NSW 47% of agents surveyed said their local market was booming, followed by 24% in WA and 17% in VIC and the ACT.”
“We may however be nearing the peak of the property market cycle, with agents from NSW, VIC and WA expecting growth rates to moderate during 2014.”
“Interestingly agents confirmed what few men will acknowledge, that women call the shots on one of life’s big decisions. Eight times as many agents witness women as the dominant decision maker over their male counterparts. This one finding was fairly consistent across the country,” says Which Real Estate Agent’s Managing Director Thomas Roberts.
Every six months Which Real Estate Agent surveys Australia’s best real estate agents to gauge their views on the Australian property market. The 155 agents surveyed are leading agents from Australia’s major population centres and are estimated to have assisted more than 10,000 property owners and interacted with over 400,000 potential buyers during the course of 2013.
· Almost half (47%) of NSW agents said their local market was booming followed by 23% in WA and 17% in VIC. However this fell to 18%, 12% and 9% respectively when asked if it would continue in 2014.
· Agents forecast increased growth in ACT, QLD, SA and TAS but their colleagues in NSW, VIC and WA are less bullish on 2014 than 2013.
· Women call the shots when selling real estate – 32% of Australia’s top agents see women as the primary decision maker when selling property versus only 4% of agents see males taking charge. The remainder of agents witness a collaborative effort.
· Agents are among Australia’s hardest working professionals, despite their generally negative reputation – the average survey respondent works more than 60 hours per week, putting them amongst the top 10% of Australians for hours worked according to the ABS.
· Ignore the seasons, the best time to sell is when convenient – while 21% of agents think spring is the best season in which to sell, the overriding recommendation by 27% of agents is to sell when convenient.
About Which Real Estate Agent
Which Real Estate Agent helps Australians find quality real estate agents. With performance data on all Australian real estate agents and market leading analytical capabilities Which Real Estate Agent helps their clients with impartial, data driven recommendations. In 2013 Which Real Estate Agent assisted over 2,000 clients across the country select experienced and proven performers to sell their property.
Visit http://whichrealestateagent.com.au to find out more.
Which Real Estate Agent
Phone 1300 66 555 7