London, United Kingdom, April 11, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- A One Day National Conference
Shaping the Role of the Local Authority in Education
Monday 16th June 2014 – Central London
Chaired by John Freeman CBE, Former Joint President, Association of Directors of Children’s Services
As growing numbers of schools convert to academy status and Ofsted begin their regime of inspecting local authorities’ school improvement functions, it is crucial to consider how to strengthen and deepen collaborative relationships with education providers to ensure high standards of education.
This important event comes at a critical time for local authorities facing the challenge of reinventing their role in an increasingly autonomous education system. Expert speakers will share ideas on developing an innovative school improvement offer, turning around underperforming schools, ensuring sufficient supply of school places and supporting vulnerable pupils.
Expert Speakers include:
· Cllr David Simmonds, Cabinet Member for Education and Children’s Services, London Borough of Hillingdon and Chairman, Local Government Association
· Louise Soden, Regional Director, East Midlands, Ofsted
· Sheila Lock, Director of Children’s Services, Norfolk County Council
· Jo Lakey, Head of School Improvement, Bexley Council and Andrew Hogarth, Headteacher, Pelham Primary School
· Liam Donnison, Project Director, Essex Education Services
For more information:
Download the brochure: http://www.capitaconferences.co.uk/pdfgen.html?filename=Role_of_LAs_in_Education_June_14.pdf&code=SMMK
Or contact: Naomi Wood – email@example.com