Phoenix, AZ, April 23, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- In an effort to encourage parents to enroll their children in swim lessons, Maddy’s Pool Supply and Service in Gilbert is offering a free pair of swim goggles to any child who completes swim lessons this summer.
Through July 31st, 2014, kids can visit Maddy’s Pool Supply store in Gilbert and receive a free pair of junior swim goggles valued at $8.99 upon showing a swimming lesson completion certificate from 2014. One pair of goggles per child. No purchase is necessary.
“Swim lessons are never a substitute for adult supervision, but can serve as a defense against a tragic accident,” says Dan and Lisa Sleezer, owners of Maddy’s Pool Supply and Service in Gilbert.
Dan and Lisa Sleezer provide the following reminders for parents and pool owners alike to prevent drownings:
1. Sign children up for swimming lessons now so they are more prepared for countless hours of pool time over the summer. It’s never too early or too late to get children into swimming lessons. They even have infant classes.
2. If you are an adult who doesn’t know how to swim, it’s never too late to learn. There are many places in the Valley that provide swimming lessons for both children and adults including the YMCA and your local City Parks and Recreation Departments.
3. Have adult caregivers ages 18 and up take CPR classes. CPR classes are also available from a variety of places including the YMCA and your local fire department.
4. Assign each adult a child by name to watch when around the pool. Don’t assume that someone is watching them. Know who is responsible for whom.
5. Never leave children alone around water including bathtubs, toilets, ponds, buckets, not even for a second!
6. There is no substitute for adult supervision. Don’t consider your children to be “drown proof” because they have taken swimming lessons and don’t allow barriers, such as fences or walls, to give you a false sense of security regarding your child’s safety.
7. If there are young children (under the age of 6) living in the home, pool owners should adhere to the following guidelines to ensure a fun and safe season in the pool:
· Make sure that your pool is surrounded by a pool enclosure. An enclosure can be a wall, fence or barrier and must be at least 5 feet tall and at least 20 inches from the edge of the water.
· There must not be any openings other than doors and gates that an object larger than 4 inches in diameter can fit through and nothing on the exterior of the enclosure that can be used as hand or footholds to climb over it.
· Gates must open outwards, be self-latching and self-closing, have latches located at least 54 inches off the ground that are situated on the pool side of the gate or that can only be opened with a key or combination.
Each city in the state of Arizona as its own rules and regulations for pool owners. For the full pool regulations in your city, visit the Arizona Department of Health Services, Office of Environmental Health web page. (http://www.azdhs.gov/phs/oeh/pool_rules.htm)
For more information and to schedule an interview with Dan or Lisa, contact Maddy’s Pool Supply & Service at 480-840-6370 or visit www.maddyspool.com.
About Maddy’s Pool Supply & Service:
Since 2008, Dan and Lisa Sleezer have grown Maddy’s Pool Supply & Service into one of the premier pool service and supply companies in the Valley. Located in Gilbert, Maddy’s retail store provides all the supplies necessary to maintain pools and spas. They also maintain, repair and beautify pools of all types. Maddy’s was named to the Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest growing companies in the United States and won the IMPACT Award for Entrepreneurial Excellence from the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce in 2012. For more information go to www.maddyspool.com