Bend, OR, October 16, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- EventMingle today announced it has been selected as the official online social networking application by CMP Media for Interop, Mobile Business Expo & VoiceCon Tour @ Interop being held on October 22-26, 2007 at the Javits Center, New York.
Interop is the leading business technology event allowing participants to see a full range of IT solutions. VoiceCon Tour @ Interop allows participants to see the latest and greatest IP Telephony & Unified Communications products and services. Mobile Business Expo is an all-star lineup of exhibitors showcasing the latest in wireless technologies and is the only event focused on building the mobile enterprise.
EventMingle has created a single online community consisting of all of the participants attending these events to allow them to network with each other – online – before, during and after the event in New York.
You can find it on the web at http://www.eventmingle.com/event/interopmb/default.aspx.
EventMingle offers participants these features:
• Matching and Collaboration Tools – EventMingle will match attendees, speakers and exhibitors based on their personal profile and goals for the event. EventMingle promotes networking among all participants.
• Internal E-mail System – Attendees, speakers and exhibitors will use EventMingle's built-in e-mail system to communicate without revealing personal contact information.
• Meeting Planner – Attendees, speakers and exhibitors use EventMingle to network online, exchange information and ultimately schedule appointments with each other resulting in a more productive event for all participants.
• To-Do Manager – Attendees can use the built-in to-do manager to help organize which exhibitors they plan to visit, breakout sessions they want to attend, special events they want to attend and people they want to network with.
• Advanced Search Features - Participants can search for people based on location, title and interests. Attendees also can meet other people who plan to attend a specific conference session or exhibitor. Exhibitors can connect with attendees interested in their specific products and services, find Speakers who are covering their products and can also identify other exhibitors who would make a good business partner.
• Detailed Online Exhibitor Directory - Exhibitors can publish extended information, including a searchable product directory, current news releases, prizes and giveaway items, scheduled booth events & speakers and a complete listing of people planning to work in the booth. Exhibitors also can give attendees the ability to schedule appointments with booth personnel.
• Press Center - Attendees can use the EventMingle portal to view all recent news releases from exhibiting companies.
• Message Forums - The message forums allow people to discuss exhibitors, news releases, products, special events, exhibitor giveaway items and job postings.
"EventMingle is an excellent way for IT professionals attending Interop New York, Mobile Business Expo, and VoiceCon to meet one another online," said Alex Dunne, Executive Producer at CMP. "What's more, it has also proven to be valuable in facilitating meetings between the event attendees and our exhibitors. EventMingle's rich feature set, combined with the company's unparalleled customer service, have made it an indispensable tool for the event."
“We’re very pleased to be working again with CMP to build their custom event-based community for Interop New York, Mobile Business Expo & VoiceCon Tour @ Interop, enabling their attendees, speakers and exhibitors to login and start networking immediately. It’s great to be working with these technology leaders again as we continue to evolve event-based social networking.” Said Jim Harrer, co-founder of EventMingle.
Interop® drives the adoption of technology, providing knowledge and insight to help IT and corporate decision-makers achieve business success. Part of CMP Technology’s family of global brands, Interop is the leading business technology event series. Through in-depth educational programs, workshops, real-world demonstrations and live technology implementations in its unique InteropNet and InteropLabs programs, Interop provides the forum for the most powerful innovations and solutions the industry has to offer. As the meeting place for the global business technology community, upcoming Interop events include Interop New York, October 22-26, Javits Convention Center, New York City; Interop Berlin, November 6-8, Fairground Berlin; Interop Moscow 2008, April 23-24, 2008, Forum Hall, Moscow; Interop Las Vegas 2008, April 27-May 2, 2008, Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Las Vegas; and Interop Tokyo 2008, June 9-13, 2008, Mukahari Messe, Tokyo. For more information about these events, visit http://www.interop.com.
CMP (http://www.cmp.com/) is a media and marketing solutions company serving the technology industry. With the leading online, event and print brands in all technology market categories, and with services and tools that reach beyond traditional advertising, CMP shapes and influences the technology industry worldwide. CMP publishes highly respected media brands such as TechWeb, InformationWeek, ChannelWeb, CRN, EE Times and TechOnline; produces major industry events such as Interop, Web 2.0 Expo, XChange, Game Developers Conference and the Embedded Systems Conferences; and provides business information and marketing services such as the International Customer Management Institute, Semiconductor Insights and Second Life consulting for technology marketers. CMP is a subsidiary of United Business Media (http://www.unitedbusinessmedia.com/), a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $3 billion. For more CMP news, go to cmp.com/news.
EventMingle is the first Web-based, online social networking technology designed to cater to the tradeshow industry. EventMingle enables attendees, exhibitors and speakers to collaborate online prior, during and after the event. EventMingle improves networking among all participants while helping participants create an “action plan” prior to leaving for the event. EventMingle was launched in December 2005.
EventMingle is a wholly owned subsidiary of Specialty Match Network, a privately owned company based in Bend, Oregon. See http://www.EventMingle.com for more info.
For more info about EventMingle, contact Jim Harrer, 949-607-0980