Osceola, WI, June 14, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Northwire, Inc. (NWI), a well-known contract manufacturer for best-in-class medical cables and cable assemblies, has recently been cited as an industry leader in this area. When a business professional recently asked on LinkedIn, “In your opinion, who are some of the best medical wire and cable suppliers in the industry?,” Northwire was the first OEM mentioned.
The NWI TEAM of Life Science subject matter experts is dedicated to continual improvement by proactively adopting new medical manufacturing technologies, in-demand medical device components and meeting the exacting requirements of industry partners. Field-proven for more than 42 years, Northwire designs and produces “Custom Manufactured Solutions for Tomorrow’s Inventions.”
Rigorously tested and proven to perform in the most demanding applications, NWI’s medical wire delivers a wide range of key advantages:
* Options for use in reusable or disposable medical products
* RoHS, RoHS2 and REACH compliant
* Shortest lead times for fast delivery
* 3D printing services for rapid prototyping
* ISO 13485:2003 and ISO 9001:2008 certified
* ISO 17025 qualified by CSA International
* Proprietary designs with private labeling and color-coding
* 100% Lot traceability
* Redundant manufacturing capabilities at two domestic locations
Custom designed and engineered to meet stringent mechanical, electrical, environmental and ergonomic requirements, NWI medical cable assemblies are made of top-quality materials for reliability and safety. Customers are invited to take advantage of the custom cable manufacturer’s capabilities to design a tailored or entirely new product that meets unique needs. Or, simply select from over 8,000 standard options available.
With Northwire, medical device designs for wire can include features such as:
* Silicone-free, PVC-free, and USP Class VI and FDA and food grade wire and cable
* Compatibility with one or more sterilization cycles and methods
* High flex life cable for continual motion, bending and torsional flex
* Low surface friction, volume, weight, noise and bio-burden
* High elongation, mechanical and tensile strength
* Resists extreme temperatures, chemicals, water, UV light, abrasion, impact and more
* Internally ruggedized to withstand cart rollover and beyond
Medical wire assemblies from Northwire are ideal for use in diagnostics devices, patient monitoring systems, surgical equipment, life support systems, therapeutic products and more. Northwire’s major brand of medical cable, ecoPOWER™, the UL 62 listed solution offers incredible power and durability while remaining free of concerning or hazardous chemical substances. As a result, medical equipment manufacturing companies can rely on Northwire for assistance in the upcoming deadline for medical devices to conform to the RoHS2 directive.
On July 22, 2014, medical device manufacturers and exporters will be required to meet new RoHS2 standards in order to maintain CE-mark approval and continue to do business in many current markets. For companies needing a rapid answer for RoHS2 compliance, Northwire’s in-house regulatory experts and pre-validated supplier directory can prove to be the ideal solution. From materials testing to documentation guides and more, NWI is a trusted resource for RoHS2, REACH and other standards.
Northwire is a contract engineering firm and an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of top-quality wire and cable products. For challenging applications, quickly approaching deadlines and custom cable needs, leverage NWI’s 1,200 tenured years of expertise. Learn more about the wire company by visiting Northwire.com or contacting the TEAM directly at 800.468.1516, firstname.lastname@example.org or through Live Chat.
110 Prospect Way
Osceola, Wisconsin 54020