London, United Kingdom, October 02, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- A One Day National Conference
Transforming the Adult Social Care Workforce
Thursday 27th November 2014 – Central London
Chaired by Bridget Robb, Chief Executive, The British Association of Social Workers
About the conference:
With the implementation of the Care Act commencing in 2015 and the social care workforce facing increased scrutiny, it is now crucial to understand the best ways to recruit, retain and develop a skilled workforce to meet the needs of all patients and staff.
This conference brings together sector leaders from the Department of Health, Care Quality Commission, local authorities and key national agencies to help delegates develop flexible workforce models through health and social care integration and changing workforce cultures to be more adaptable and responsive to the changing needs.
Attendees will hear practical insight into the implications of the Care Act, how to improve the skills of staff in the delivery of personalisation and engaging with the present and future challenges facing the adult social care workforce.
· Lyn Romeo, Chief Social Worker for Adults, Department of Health
· Dr Glen Mason, Director of People, Communities and Local Government,
Department of Health
· Sally Warren, Deputy Chief Inspector, Care Quality Commission
· Phil Porter, Strategic Director of Adult Services, Brent Council
· Jim Thomas, Programme Head for Workforce Innovation, Skills for Care
· Caroline Bernard, Head of Policy and Communications,
National Skills Academy for Social Care
· Jo Fraser, Programme Manager, Health and Social Care Integration, Kent County Council
· Andrew Milroy, Assistant Director, Adult and Community Services,
Derbyshire County Council
For more information:
Download the brochure: http://www.capitaconferences.co.uk/pdfgen.html?filename=Transforming_the_Adult_Social_Care_Workforce_Nov_14.pdf&code=SMMK
Or contact: Naomi Wood – firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7202 0571