Indianapolis, IN, January 10, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Machine tending can be dangerous work and requires the consistency that a robotic solution can provide. Robots replace human interaction to move product from a supply position, transport it to a machine, orient it, and then interact with the machine. Bastian Solutions noted the fast-growing trend for machine tending in 2015; as the leading system integrator the company designs are capable of handling items as small as a dime and as large as a refrigerator – in turnkey solutions.
Robotic machine tending can provide manipulation and transport capabilities that are more complex than basic material handling processes. The robot is used to secure the product from a supply position, transport it to a machine, interact with the machine, and then remove the finished part from the machine.
Benefits of a machine tending system from Bastian include:
· Custom end of arm tool provides repeatable accuracy and improves the quality of production
· Minimizes issues that can occur when products are placed in machines incorrectly due to human error
· Machine efficiency is improved and the product cycle speed increases when robots are integrated into the machine tending process
· Very cost effective compared to manual handling of parts and provides a short ROI
· Robots can be mounted between 2 machines or overhead to save valuable floor space
· Improves ergonomic conditions and allows for 24/7 robotic tending
· Increased machine and system utilization
· Net production increases more than 25%
· Lower overhead cost
Bastian Solutions will be exhibiting at ProMat 2015 (Booth #3953) held March 23-26 at Chicago's McCormick Place. Use the following link for free ProMat 2015 registration from Bastian Solutions. http://www.promatshow.com/register.aspx?ref=attendees&acid=39225
About Bastian Solutions
Bastian Solutions (www.BastianSolutions.com) is a global material handling systems integrator and expert in eCommerce fulfillment automation. An innovator in the fields of material handling automation, goods-to-person systems, wearable AR technology, supply chain software, and robotics, Bastian Solutions is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, with an additional 16 domestic offices and 7 international offices in Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Mexico, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia. Uniquely positioned, Bastian Solutions offers customers complete and innovative turnkey material handling systems, from design and simulation, all the way through installation and operations.
Bastian Solutions provides integrated material handling systems reducing the total cost of order fulfillment and delivery cycle times for its customers; tremendous productivity gains and a quick return on investment are ensured. Automating supply chain logistics with harmony between material flow, information flow, and operational processes, yields a unique and important competitive advantage.
Follow Bastian Solutions on Twitter @BastianSolution.
Assistant Marketing Manager