Manchester, United Kingdom, January 17, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- 2015 marks Idox’s 30th year as a publisher of funding and policy information. Since 1985, the organisation has provided funding and policy solutions to clients across the public, private and voluntary sectors, seeking to support organisations at every stage of the funding process from identification of suitable funding to application and management.
During that time, it has enjoyed accelerated growth in diversifying from its one flagship product GRANTfinder to a number of additional products including:
· Open 4 Funding – helping small businesses, voluntary groups and charities to source their own funding streams (www.open4funding.co.uk)
· Open 4 Learning – supporting those in Further and Higher Education – or those who are seeking skills training – to find out more about the funding available to support their learning (www.open4learning.co.uk)
· Open 4 Training & Development – providing staff and their families with the information they need to undertake their own research into funding opportunities (www.open4training.co.uk)
· RESEARCHconnect and RESEARCHconnect International – offering a professional service dedicated to the funding requirements of the UK and European research communities (www.researchconnect.co.uk and www.researchconnect.eu)
· POLICYfinder – housing over 6,500 policy entries to allow clients to keep informed of the latest policy trends and developments (www.policyfinder.org.uk)
· Fundtrack and Bidtrack – supporting organisations in managing their external funding activity (http://www.idoxgroup.com/funding-solutions/funding-management-systems.html)
To celebrate the latest milestone in the company’s history, Idox has announced that it will:
· Deploy a collection of new features and functionality, notably the introduction of the Interactive Update Bulletin to its suite of professional funding solutions (including market leader GRANTfinder)
· Launch the new Idox Innovation Awards providing recognition to UK-based projects
· Develop and integrate a new bid management module into its professional funding solutions to support organisations at the end stages of the funding process
· Expand its funding and policy content offering (currently standing at over 19,000 entries), ensuring the latest and greatest coverage of the funding landscape
· Sponsor and speak at a number of high-profile events, such as the Association of Research Managers and Administrators (ARMA) Annual Conference in June 2015
As Director of Grants UK, Rebecca Erskine comments:
“The last 30 years has presented quite some journey in terms of the provision of funding information. When we first started to publish funding information in 1985, our only medium was hard-copy reports to businesses. We’ve seen the provision of our content move from leather-bound reports to floppy disc, CD and then to the Internet. In the early days, we relied on funders sending their guidelines through the post which dictated an updating cycle only as frequently as every month.
"The wider availability of funding information on the web has aided us in providing clients with the information they need to inform their decisions in real time. However, the founding principles of our content remain the same: we capture vast amounts of data, add value through our wider knowledge of funding and direct communication with funding bodies, and provide it in a format that clients find easy to navigate and digest. Added to that, we continually add to our smart functionality, allowing clients to capture and disseminate the information and commentary relevant to their organisational need. Our content has grown from an initial dataset of 300 schemes in 1985 to a staggering 19,000 across our information products today which gives some indication of the scale and importance of grants to the UK economy.
"Idox has a strong and growing footprint in countries across Europe which makes us well-placed to develop our business model further outside of the UK. With a specialist team of over 30 copywriters, we look forward to embracing the next 30 years with our zeal for accessible and informative content, coupled with a strong ethos of ongoing product development.”
For further information on the key milestones in Idox’s 30 year history, visit: http://www.idoxgrantfinder.co.uk/30years.
Note to editors:
· The Grants arm of Idox has, since 1985, been recognised as Europe’s leading provider of funding and policy information services. It seeks to support organisations at every stage of the funding process from identification of suitable funding to application and management: www.idoxgroup.com
· GRANTfinder (and its associated funding and policy modules) is the flagship product in Idox’s wider suite of professional and public-facing funding solutions. For more information, please visit: www.idoxgrantfinder.co.uk
· The wider Idox Group supplies a range of software solutions and services to the UK public sector, including document and records management.
Press Enquiries should be directed to Idox:
Tel: 0844 874 0739