Portland, OR, January 18, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Q&A sessions with Karl Urban (Star Trek Into Darkness), Stephen Amell (“Arrow”), Michael Rooker (Guardians of the Galaxy) and other top celebrities, Bruce Campbell’s game show “Last Fan Standing,” a concert by videogame tribute band “Critical Hit,” costume contests, portfolio reviews by Marvel experts and more are among the programming panels scheduled at Wizard World Comic Con Portland, Friday through Sunday, January 23-25 at the Oregon Convention Center. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission.
Some highlights of the more than 80 panels scheduled include:
· Interactive Q&As with Urban (Saturday, 1:30 p.m.), Amell (Sunday, 2 p.m.), Rooker (Sunday, noon), Alan Tudyk (Saturday, 12:30 p.m.), Debbie Gibson (Saturday, 1 p.m.), Sasha Roiz (Saturday, 1:30 p.m), Katie Sackoff (Saturday, 4:30 p.m.), Tyler Posey (Saturday, 5:30 p.m.), Sarah Wayne Callies (Sunday, 1 p.m.), Katie Cassidy (Sunday, 1 p.m.) and others
· Dual Q&A session with WWE® Superstar Daniel Bryan® and Divas The Bella Twins™ (Saturday, 1:30 p.m.) and “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Ming-Na Wen and Brett Dalton, recording the “This Week in Marvel” Podcast (Saturday, 3 p.m.)
· Tapings of Campbell’s “Last Fan Standing” game show for the new digital network CONtv (Friday, 6 p.m.; Saturday, 11 a.m; Sunday 11:30 a.m.)
· World Of Warcraft Composer Jason Hayes Presents: Behind The Music With “Critical Hit” (Saturday, noon). Then at 6 p.m., the band performs original arrangements and electrifying live concerts of music from the most celebrated videogames of all time
· Portfolio reviews by Marvel editors. Dropoffs between the hours of 3-7 p.m. on Friday and 11 a.m.-6 pm. on Saturday at the Wizard World Information Booth #319.
· Costume contests for adults (Saturday, 7 p.m.) and kids (Sunday, 3 p.m.), plus cosplay-themed sessions with Wizard World personality Damian Beurer, Portland’s own Ryan Wells and others
· Comics-themed sessions with Marvel editors Blake Garris, Judy Stephens and Daniel Ketchum (Friday, 5:30 p.m.) as well as informative panels with creators Victor Dandridge (Friday, 6:30 p.m.); Paul Tobin, Chris Sebela and Daniel H. Wilson (Saturday, 12:30 p.m.) and others
· Four hosted by Dark Horse Studios, including Buffy Birthday Party (Saturday, 11:30 a.m.), Manga with Carl Horn (Saturday, 2:30 p.m.), Characters with Mike Richardson, Scott Allie and Aub Driver (Saturday, 4:30 p.m.) and Plants vs. Zombies (Sunday, 1:30 p.m.).
· “Backstage Pass” to Laika Animation Studios, one of the most creative and fearless out there (Saturday, 4:30 p.m.)
· Meet-and-greets with Jason David Frank (Saturday, 11 a.m.; Sunday, 11:30 a.m.) (Paid events)
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms at the Oregon Convention Center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted. (*Note: Frank Meet & Greets, “Last Fan Standing” tapings require a separate ticket.)
A full list of Wizard World Portland Comic Con programming is available at http://wizd.me/PRProgrammingPortland (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
Wizard World Portland Comic Con is the second of 24 events currently scheduled in the 2015 series produced by Wizard World, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD). For more on the event, visit http://wizd.me/PortlandPR.
About Wizard World
Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD) produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, television, cosplay, comics, graphic novels, toys, video gaming, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. A first-class lineup of topical programming takes place at each event, with celebrity Q&A's, the Wizard World Film Festival, comics-themed sessions, costume contests, movie screenings, evening parties and more. Wizard World also produces socialcon featuring social media stars and will be launching ConTV, a digital media channel in partnership with leading independent content distributor Cinedigm™ (NASDAQ: CIDM).
Wizard World 2015 schedule available at: http://wizd.me/PRSchedule2015.