Swansea, MA, January 26, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Total Fitness Clubs (TFC), today announced the results from their first annual Thanksgiving 5K Run & 3K Walk. The Race was held at their Swansea, MA location, Swansea Total Fitness on Thanksgiving Day 2014. 100% of the proceeds from the Race were donated to the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA).
Swansea Total Fitness welcomed over 130 runners and walkers who raised over $3000 for the MSAA. The primary goals of the Race were to help keep people active over the Thanksgiving holiday, raise awareness about Multiple Sclerosis and help with funding for better MS treatments.
For information about the 2015 Thanksgiving 5k event contact Libby Castro by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 508-679-9793.
Thank you to all staff, sponsors and volunteers who made this event possible:
· Infinite Entertainment Group (DJ for the Event), Somerset, MA
· Bike Works, Swansea, MA
· Plante Jewelers, Swansea, MA
· Law Offices of Arthur D. Frank, Jr., Fall River, MA
· Venus de Milo, Swansea, MA
· Olympia, Swansea, MA
· Napa Auto Parts, Swansea, MA
· Columbus Energies, Swansea, MA
· Dunkin Donuts/Wilber Avenue, Swansea, MA
· Tickle's, Swansea, MA
· Mr. Peepers, Swansea, MA
· Railway Café, Somerset, MA
· Cornerstone Design/Build Services, Inc, Swansea, MA
· School of Rock, Seekonk, MA
· Target, Swansea, MA
· Fiesta Mexican Restaurant, Somerset, MA
· DMD Construction, Norwell, MA
· Quality Fruitland, Fall River, MA
· Coca Cola
· Saks Consignments, Swansea, MA
· Jillian's Sports Pub and Grill, Somerset, MA
· Affordable Carpet and Air Duct Cleaning, Holliston, MA
· Specht Physical Therapy, Swansea, MA
· KS Builders, Inc., Bristol, RI.
Multiple sclerosis is a genetic disease that causes the body to attack its own nervous system. This leads to a variety of mild to severe symptoms ranging from numbness to loss of sight, or even to complete paralysis. Advancements in treatment have enabled most people suffering from MS to live a normal life.
About Multiple Sclerosis Association of America
The Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA) is a national, nonprofit organization dedicated to enriching the quality of life for everyone affected by multiple sclerosis. MSAA provides vital programs and services, such as: a toll-free, bilingual Helpline; informative publications including a magazine, The Motivator; website featuring educational videos and research updates; S.E.A.R.C.H.™ program to assist the MS community with learning about different treatment choices; equipment distribution ranging from grab bars to wheelchairs; cooling accessories for heat-sensitive individuals; a mobile phone app, My MS Manager™; educational events and activities; MRI funding and insurance advocacy; and more. For additional information visit www.msassociation.org.
About Total Fitness:
Total Fitness Clubs is a private, employee-owned fitness company headquartered in Swansea, MA. TFC has created a network of gyms that offers one low price for access to four local health clubs in Bristol, RI, Swansea, MA, Seekonk, MA and Dartmouth, MA. TFC warmly welcomes people from all walks of life, regardless of shape, size or ability. TFC’s philosophy of “Total Fitness” incorporates weight training, cardiovascular health, nutritional health, rehabilitation, stress management and mindfulness through yoga and Pilates. To learn more visit www.TotalFitnessClubs.com.