Fort Myers, FL, February 26, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- The Employment Law Practice Group at Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt, P.A. will host the firm's 23rd Annual HR Law & Solutions seminar on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at the Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa. This annual seminar is designed to update and educate business owners, managers, and human resource professionals on legal issues in the workplace. Topics and speakers include:
- Employment Law and Legislation Update. Attorneys Robert Shearman and Vicki Sproat will provide an update on notable court decisions and legislative developments to assist business leaders in maintaining a compliant workplace under current laws and regulations.
- A View From the C-Suite. Moderated by Attorney John Potanovic, panelists Samira Beckwith (President and Chief Executive Officer, Hope Healthcare Services), Peter Dys (President and Chief Executive Officer, Shell Point Retirement Community), Larry Hart (Lee County Tax Collector), Gail Markham (President, Markham Norton Mosteller Wright & Company), and Sara Stensrud (Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, Chico’s FAS Inc.) will share insight on key HR issues, strategies, and best practices for dealing with tough workplace issues.
- What Would You Do? Early recognition of issues and swift problem solving is key to reducing a company’s exposure to many employment claims. Attorneys Suzanne Boy and John Potanovic will share thought provoking real-life scenarios and help attendees identify and resolve issues involving disability/medical leave, wage/hour, retaliation, and LGBT related matters.
- Discovering Your Who: Unifying the Workplace Through Effective Communication and Leadership. Perseverance and life passion are keys to employee success. In addition to practical guidance from their HR experts, employees need partners who instill in them a strong sense of purpose. Attendees will gain a renewed appreciation for their role as employee and company leaders, as well as learn practical ways to help motivate and inspire the employees they work with. This keynote session will be presented by noted guest speaker Stephen Bienko (President of 42 Holdings and Owners of College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving and Bin-It).
- Breakout Sessions. Following the keynote address, Henderson Franklin’s Employment Law, Immigration, and Workers’ Compensation attorneys will break out in smaller groups to facilitate discussions and give attendees an opportunity to gain more information on specific topics of interest to them and answer any legal questions on any aspect of laws and issues impacting their workplace.
Continuing education credit is available from the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and from the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM). Registration is $30 per person. For more information on the seminar or to register, visit http://www.henlaw.com/news-events/hr-law-solutions-seminar/.
Henderson Franklin is the largest, locally-based law firm between Tampa and Miami with 55 attorneys dedicated to providing a wide range of legal services in the areas of business and tax planning, estate planning, family law, commercial and civil litigation, eminent domain, immigration law, workers' compensation, employment law, real estate, and land use and environmental law. Since 1924, Henderson Franklin has been assisting clients build their homes, businesses and communities in Southwest Florida. Henderson Franklin operates offices in Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, Naples and Sanibel Island. For more information on Henderson Franklin, visit www.henlaw.com.