London, United Kingdom, March 05, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Capita Conferences’ well established School Place Planning Conference comes at a critical juncture for schools and local authorities facing the challenge of planning for additional school places in an increasingly changing educational landscape.
With the government indicating that an additional 878,000 school places will be needed between 2015 and 2023 and the cost of addressing the shortage of school places set to reach £18bn, the need to assess and evaluate existing and new models for place planning has never been more critical.
Bringing together key representatives from local authorities, maintained schools, academies and free schools, this timely event provides a unique forum to explore the latest innovations and measures designed to ensure the supply for school places is met.
· Chair: Cllr David Simmonds, Cabinet Member for Education and Children’s Services, London Borough of Hillingdon and Chairman, Children and Young People Board, Local Government Association (LGA)
· Dr Helen Jenner, Corporate Director for Children’s Services, London Borough of Barking and Dagenham and Greater London Regional Chair, The Association of Directors of Children’s Services
· Cathy Twist, Director, Education Learning and Skills, Lambeth Council
· Emma Leaman, Head of Education and Skills, Infrastructure, Birmingham City Council
· Avis Johns, Chair of Governors, Archer Academy
· Colin Foster, Assistant Director, Chief Education Officer, Bedford Borough Council
For more information:
Download the brochure:
Or contact: Andy Wills – firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7960 7751