Jonesboro, AR, March 13, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Hytrol Conveyor Company with Integration Partner, Bastion Solutions, just released important data in a new pharmaceutical report. One of the industry leaders, Roche Diagnostics Operations (RDO) improve operations by standardizing processes across all warehouses and implementing an automated material handling system. Roche increased pack rates, reduced operating costs, and gained better visibility of carton-level details.
Conveying products in the medical and pharmaceutical industry requires precision and control. With the variety of products in the industry, conveyor systems must provide durable, dependable transportation of anything from syringes, to pill bottles and surgical scrubs.
Roche Diagnostics implemented a conveyor system, picking technologies and Exacta supply chain software, helping the company achieve best practices results:
· Increased carton pack rates by 30%. The added cubing functionality of the Exacta warehouse management system determines the contents for each carton up front as well as how many cartons to use for the order and which size cartons to use, speeding up the pack process.
· Reduced operating costs. Overtime and weekend work was reduced by 75% and an overall headcount reduction of 15% was achieved.
· Access to increased carton level detail and statistics. The visibility provided by the Exacta warehouse management system and the Exacta warehouse control system tools increased the amount of information available to managers to oversee the operation.
· Ability to manage peak demand throughout the year.
· Positioned the operation for future growth.
To read the entire case study, go to: http://blog.hytrol.com/thehytrolexperience/case-study-pharmaceutical-hytrol
About Hytrol Conveyor Company, Inc.
Hytrol Conveyor Co., Inc. (www.hytrol.com) designs and manufactures advanced conveyor systems, controls, and solutions for customers with processing, manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution needs. For over 65 years, Hytrol has demonstrated an unwavering dedication to understanding the unique material handling needs of businesses. Hytrol is focused on creating innovative, customized conveyor solutions that help companies achieve their goals.
Hytrol's consistent growth is strengthened by its Integration Partner Network, with over 100 locations worldwide. Hytrol’s Technology Center is the birthplace for many industry-changing solutions, such as EZLogic® accumulation conveyors and the E24™, an energy efficient, motor driven roller conveyor series. These technologies are complemented by Hytrol’s sortation offerings, the ProSort 400 Elite series high speed shoe sorter, as well as the ProSort MRT series narrow belt sorter. Follow Hytrol on Twitter @hytrol.
Hytrol Conveyor Co., Inc.
Director of Communications