Indianapolis, IN, March 14, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Bastian Solutions just released important data in a new pharmaceutical report. One of the industry leaders, Roche Diagnostics Operations (RDO) was able to increase pack rates, reduce operating costs, and gain better visibility of carton-level details. Bastian Solutions and Hytrol Conveyor Company, teamed with Roche to improve processes by standardizing across all warehouses and implementing a more automated material handling system.
Working with Bastian Solutions, Roche Diagnostics implemented a conveyor system, picking technologies and Exacta supply chain software, helping the company achieve these best practices results:
· Increased carton pack rates by 30%. The added cubing functionality of the Exacta warehouse management system determines the contents for each carton up front as well as how many cartons to use for the order and which size cartons to use, speeding up the pack process.
· Reduced operating costs. Overtime and weekend work was reduced by 75% and an overall headcount reduction of 15% was achieved.
· Access to increased carton level detail and statistics. The visibility provided by the Exacta warehouse management system and the Exacta warehouse control system tools increased the amount of information available to managers to oversee the operation.
· Ability to manage peak demand throughout the year.
· Positioned the operation for future growth.
To read the entire case study, go to: http://ow.ly/JZoQA
Bastian Solutions will be exhibiting at ProMat 2015 (Booth #3953) held March 23-26 at Chicago's McCormick Place. For more information, go to: http://ow.ly/JUAQD
About Bastian Solutions
Bastian Solutions is a global material handling systems integrator and expert in e-Commerce fulfillment automation. An innovator in the fields of material handling automation, goods-to-person systems, wearable AR technology, supply chain software, and robotics, Bastian Solutions is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, with an additional 16 domestic offices and 7 international offices in Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Mexico, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia. Uniquely positioned, Bastian Solutions offers customers complete and innovative turnkey material handling systems, from design and simulation, all the way through installation and operations.
Bastian Solutions provides integrated material handling systems reducing the total cost of order fulfillment and delivery cycle times for its customers; tremendous productivity gains and a quick return on investment are ensured. Automating supply chain logistics with harmony between material flow, information flow, and operational processes, yields a unique and important competitive advantage. Follow Bastian Solutions on Twitter @BastianSolution.
Assistant Marketing Manager
(888) 533-5522 / 317-575-9992 x 1079