London, United Kingdom, April 24, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Storage Made Easy, who provide a ubiquitous Enterprise File Share and Sync Fabric, today announced they had made added further security and governance features to their EFSS solution.
The new security features added include:
- File Share Policies: File Sharing policies have been enhanced to allow the Administrator to restrict the number of times a file can be downloaded when a link is shared externally by users.
This is in addition to existing file sharing policy control features that provide control over time expiry and whether a password should be used for the shared link.
- Shared Link Manager: The Cloud Administrator now has a single place to view and manage shared links for all users.
- Folder Permissions: Folder Permissions have been enhanced to provide greater granularity and include folder creation permissions and upload access.
- Role Enhancements: Roles have been enhanced to be more granular and now encompass a range of options that can be granted to users within a role.
- File Versioning: File Versioning has been enhanced so that versions can be limited to a certain number and auto-deleted if that number is exceeded.
- Auto Locking: MS office files edited from the Cloud Drive are now intelligently locked and unlocked on demand.
All options work against any private or public clouds that are added to the SME solution and encompass solutions such as Office 365, Google Apps, Amazon S3, OpenStack, Google Storage, Azure and more. In total more than 50 connectors are supported.
Jim Liddle Storage Made Easy CEO said, “Having control over business information is often treated on a case by case basis due to the siloed nature of current market solutions. The Storage Made Enterprise File Share and Sync solution is storage agnostic and works in a way that encompasses all data points that are used by small or large companies.
“It is a facilitator for augmenting what can be missing in deployed solutions. This can security, but it can also be desktop integrated access from the cloud drive, compliance auditing, aggregated content search, or access over common protocols such as FTP or WebDav. The SME solution focuses on aggregation, unification and adding value.”
The enhancements are already available on the SME SaaS site and will be available to enterprise and ISP customers in the forthcoming updated SME Appliance due for release at the beginning of May.
About Storage Made Easy (SME):
Storage Made Easy is the trading name of Vehera LTD who has offices in the UK, USA and Switzerland. The SME solution allows IT to regain control of “cloud data sprawl” by unifying private/public company data and privately used employee cloud data solutions into a single converged infrastructure.
This can easily be managed and be used to set and enforce governance and audit controls for file access and sharing in addition to providing deep content search of indexed data.
This approach provided a solution to the “shadow IT” conundrum and makes it possible for companies to find a balance between the protection of corporate data and employee data by allowing businesses to monitor, secure and audit all data silos, be they private or cloud or company or employee, from a single access point.
Further information can be found at www.StorageMadeEasy.com