Jonesboro, AR, May 07, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Hytrol Conveyor invited John Clark, marketing and business development executive for viastore systems, as the company guest blogger. Clark discussed considerations when installing a material handling system in a cooler or freezer environment, such as air condensation to motor temperature ratings. To ensure optimal performance of the automated system, companies need to take six considerations into account. viastore systems is a valuable integration partner to Hytrol.
Clark suggests the following recommendations:
· Drive. Choose motors rated for the proper temperature, having bearings with the proper clearance and proper lubrication.
· Lubrication. All lubrication in the system will need to be specified for the low temperature environment.
· Critical fasteners. Although not absolutely necessary in all cases, critical fasteners such as setscrews in bearings and sprockets will benefit from being torqued once the system is brought down to the actual operating temperature.
· Condensation. Condensation can be a real problem. To help shelter the application from areas of entry, use an interlock: a space or transition from one temperature zone to another.
· Belts. Always use conveyor belts that are rated for the temperature.
· Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems. For Automated Storage and Retrieval System (AS/RS) or lift system, cable that is just freezer-rated isn’t good enough – it also needs to be rated for the flexibility that goes along with moving up and down continuously.
To read the entire blog, go to: http://bit.ly/1EqpBsQ
About Hytrol Conveyor Company, Inc.
Hytrol Conveyor Co., Inc. (www.hytrol.com) designs and manufactures advanced conveyor systems, controls, and solutions for customers with processing, manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution needs. For over 65 years, Hytrol has demonstrated an unwavering dedication to understanding the unique material handling needs of businesses. Hytrol is focused on creating innovative, customized conveyor solutions that help companies achieve their goals.
Hytrol's consistent growth is strengthened by its Integration Partner Network, with over 100 locations worldwide. Hytrol’s Technology Center is the birthplace for many industry-changing solutions, such as EZLogic® accumulation conveyors and the E24™, an energy efficient, motor driven roller conveyor series. These technologies are complemented by Hytrol’s sortation offerings, the ProSort 400 Elite series high speed shoe sorter, as well as the ProSort MRT series narrow belt sorter. Follow Hytrol on Twitter @hytrol.
Hytrol Conveyor Co., Inc.
Director of Communications