Kyoto, Japan, November 28, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- Ishida Co., Ltd. (Kyoto, Japan) replaces the conventional lead x-ray shielding curtain with new environment-friendly protective curtain.
Lead is harmful if it is absorbed in the human body by accidental ingestion and also has the possibility of causing serious effect on the environment. RoHS directive of the European Union regulates lead as a harmful substance and restriction on the use of lead has been expanding in other places too.
Previously, Ishida used lead as the best x-ray shielding material under the safety measure. Meanwhile, Ishida had been promoting the development of new material’s protective curtain that is friendlier to the environment and human beings. Jointly conducting the development with S.I. Kasei. Co., Ltd., a comprehensive manufacturer of plastic processing, Ishida succeeded in developing a lead-free protection curtain with tungsten by its own technology for the first in the world.
Other benefits of tungsten curtain
* Ensure the equal level of protection and durability to conventional lead curtain.
* The thickness of the new curtain is about half of the lead curtain so it reduces the damage on inspection product significantly when it passes through.
- The thickness of the lead curtain 1.0mm
- The thickness of the tungsten curtain 0.5mm
* The safety of the used material is evaluated by a Japanese third-party organization as it complies with Food Safety Law in Japan.
The x-ray inspection system equipping with the new tungsten curtain is going to be released from January 2008. Introduced in recent JAPAN PACK, an international packaging machinery show, this brand-new curtain has been receiving high evaluation from many customers.