Durham, NC, June 05, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- The Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club, the premier AAA Four Diamond luxury inn and golf club located on the campus of Duke University in Durham, N.C., today announced that it has appointed the following new hires and internal promotions across its world-class banquets, reservations and restaurant divisions:
· Caroline Branson, Assistant Banquet Manager: Branson brings more than eight years of experience at Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club to her new role as assistant banquet manager. She holds a degree in hospitality and tourism management from Appalachian State University.
· Paul McAdon, Director of Reservations and Revenue Management: The Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club welcomes McAdon as director of reservations and revenue management. McAdon previously brings experience at Salamander Resort in Middleburg, Virginia and Millennium Hotels in Chicago and Durham to his new role.
· Samantha Leake, Reservations Manager: Leake will handle the day to day operations of the reservations department in her new role as reservations manager. She previously worked as group reservations coordinator for the Inn.
· Belle Javierto, Service Manager, Fairview Dining Room at the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club: Javierto brings experience at the Inn along with Marriott World Center and Caribe Royale Hotel and Convention Center to her new role as service manager. She holds a degree in hotel and restaurant management from St. Anne College in Lucena City, Philippines.
· Ben Pertler, Restaurant Manager, Fairview Dining Room at the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club: Pertler brings experience as assistant banquet manager to his new position as restaurant manager. He holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration and hospitality management from California State University.
· Lauryn Ransdell, Service Manager, Fairview Dining Room at the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club: Ransdell brings a passion for food and beverage to her new role as service manager. She holds a degree in business and biology from the University of Kentucky.
· Patrick Cox, Restaurant Manager, Fairview Dining Room at the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club: Cox brings banquet experience at the Inn and the Hotel Monaco in Denver, Colorado to his new position as restaurant manager. He holds bachelor’s degrees in hospitality management and finance from the University of Denver.
· Tony Mendez, Restaurant Manager, Bull Durham Bar at the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club: Mendez brings experience from his role on the Fairview Dining Room management team as well as previous roles at Harvard’s revered Charles Hotel in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and the Sheraton Convention Center Hotel in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, to his new position as restaurant manager. He holds an associate’s degree in business management from Bunker Hill Community College in Boston, Massachusetts.
The Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club currently has additional career opportunities available across its restaurant, culinary, housekeeping, guest services, accounting and audio visual divisions.
For more information about The Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club, including career opportunities, please visit http://www.washingtondukeinn.com/.
About The Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club
The Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club is located on the campus of Duke University, only twenty minutes from Raleigh-Durham International Airport and ten minutes from Research Triangle Park. The Washington Duke Inn is the only AAA Four Diamond hotel in Durham, North Carolina. Nestled on 300 acres filled with tall pines and hardwoods, the Inn is known for its beautiful facility and grounds, 271 elegantly appointed guest rooms and suites, marvelous cuisine in the Fairview Dining Room — winner of the AAA Four Diamond Award, 2015 Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award and Wine Spectator Award of Excellence — the Bull Durham Bar, the Robert Trent Jones-designed 18-hole championship Duke University golf course, and its convenience to local points of interest. It is set apart from other area hotels and conference centers by unparalleled service, a gracious staff, luxurious interiors and attention to detail. The Inn is owned by Duke University and is managed by WDI Hospitality, LLC of Durham, North Carolina. For more information or reservations call 919.490.0999 or 800.443.3853, or by visiting washingtondukeinn.com, and on Facebook at facebook.com/WashingtonDukeInn and on Twitter at twitter.com/washingtonduke.