Top 10 Reasons to List Your Home for Sale During the Holidays
One of the most frequent objections given by potential home sellers this time of year is the holidays. But sellers don't have to let the holidays stand in the way. By understanding these 10 benefits of listing during the holidays, sellers can get a jump on the competition.
10. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money. This will allow you to sell high and buy low.
9. You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until next year.
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the holidays to capture that market. Atlanta is averaging 1,600 new residents a week.
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays than during the regular work week.
5. Buyers are more emotional during the holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
4. Houses show better when decorated for the holidays.
3. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home. Less demand means less money for you.
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays and less competition means more money for you.
1. People who look for homes during the holidays are more serious buyers!
Scott Eaves is an Associate Broker with Keller Williams Realty/Atlanta Classic in Atlanta. He specializes in residential real estate and uses a 50+ marketing plan that includes out of the box strategies to sell homes in today's market.