Princeton, NJ, July 22, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- NAFA Fleet Management Association announces the formation of an Accreditation Development Committee to oversee NAFA’s Sustainable Fleet Accreditation Program. The Association, in collaboration with CALSTART, launched its Sustainable Fleet Accreditation Program in April at its Institute & Expo conference in Orlando, Florida.
“We are excited to have these invaluable members take the lead in overseeing our Sustainable Program,” said NAFA Chief Executive Officer Phillip E. Russo, CAE. “NAFA’s Board of Directors and I are certain that they will ensure the program’s success.”
The Accreditation Development Committee consists of the following individuals:
· Chair - James McGonagle, CAFM®,, Director of Central Fleet Management for the City of Boston
· Affiliate Vice Chair - Bill Van Amburg, Senior Vice President, CALSTART
· Member Vice Chair - Erin Gilchrist, Fleet Manager, Safelite Auto Glass
· Richard Battersby, CAFM®, Fleet Manager, City of Oakland
· Michael Cole, Team Lead – Strategic Fleet Services, Ontario Ministry of Transportation Fleet Management Centre
· Ronald Gitelman, CAFM®, Fleet Coordinator, Yale University
· Jeffrey Jeter, Fleet Manager, Chesterfield County VA Department of General Services
· Keith Leech, Chief, Fleet Division & Parking Enterprise, County of Sacramento
· Christopher Lyon, CAFM®
· Claude Masters, CAFM®
NAFA’s Sustainable Fleet Accreditation Program brings clarity, definition, and recognition to what sustainability means for fleets. The program is set to become the standard for realizing concrete improvements in air quality through reducing emissions, increasing fuel efficiency, and reducing fuel use.
The program includes tools to measure emissions reduction, fuel consumption, and quantifying increases in fuel efficiency. NAFA’s Sustainable Fleet Accreditation Program directly complements the DOE National Fleet Partnership program, and other federal efforts, by recognizing fleets for real results achieved in their sustainability efforts.
To find out more about the program and to enroll, visit www.NAFASustainable.org.
NAFA is the world’s premier non-profit association for professionals who manage fleets of sedans, public safety vehicles, trucks, and buses of all types and sizes, and a wide range of military and off-road equipment for organizations across the globe. NAFA is the association for the diverse vehicle fleet management profession regardless of organizational type, geographic location or fleet composition. NAFA’s Full and Associate Members are responsible for the specification, acquisition, maintenance and repair, fueling, risk management, and remarketing of more than 3.5 million vehicles including in excess of 1.1 million trucks of which 350 thousand are medium- and heavy-duty trucks. For more information visit www.nafa.org.