Cupertino, CA, August 06, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Are you looking for apps that allow students to construct molecules with 3D visualization? The developer has created an educational tool for students to build and manipulate molecular models of compounds and check knowledge of chemistry.
“3D Molecules Edit & Test” is a very effective app for this purpose as it allows organic and inorganic molecular structures to be built with single, double and triple bonds, as well as cyclic compounds. The molecules can be visualised in 3D using stick, ball and stick and space-filling (CPK) models.
Important information about the molecule can be displayed. For example, it is possible to visualise the atomic orbitals, see electronic effects using arrows and identify bond lengths and element symbols.
3D printing offers a unique and straightforward approach to fabricate plastic 3D models of molecules and extended solids. "3D Molecules Edit & Test" has option to directly export the model as an STL file (most 3D printers recognize this format).
In building these molecules, guidance is initially needed to show how to use the software. There is a help button that provides clear and concise screen shots demonstrating how to use the app.
"3D Molecules Edit & Test" allows the users to open and view molecules in SDF or PDB format files, for example, from NCBI's PubChem (http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov), a public database of compounds or from RCSB Protein Data Bank (http://www.rcsb.org/pdb).
Once the molecules are built, they can be saved or emailed. This is another good feature for assessment as students can send molecules to the teacher and the image opens directly in the email.
• Has option to directly export the model as an STL file (most 3D
printers recognize this format).
• Building molecule model of any organic or inorganic compound using most of periodic table elements.
• “Test yourself” mode to build the target chemical compounds.
• Support of single, double and triple bonds.
• Building molecule models of cyclic compounds.
• Hints which provide information about what's going wrong with the builded molecule.
• Visualization of Wireframe style, Stick style, Ball and Stick, Spacefill (CPK) models.
• Visualization of atomic orbitals and electron effects.
• T-shaped and "seesaw" molecular geometries support.
• Availability of information about the bond length and chemical element symbols in the molecule.
• Bond-angle optimization.
• Saving and sending the created model by e-mail.
• Loading, editing and saving molecule in SDF file format.
• Loading, editing and saving molecule in PDB file format.
• Creating, sending and opening molecule verification file.
• Export to VRML format for builded molecule.
• Opening the molecule file attachments directly from Mail.
• Opening and saving created molecules in cloud services and third-party applications.
The app includes tutorial how to create and delete models.
The Supported Languages are US English and Russian.
Device Requirements: iPad, iPhone and iPod touch; iOS 4.3 or more recent; 25.7 MB
3D Molecules Edit & Test 1.0 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store under the Education category: http://apple.co/1aB0wgN You can watch YouTube video: http://bit.ly/1Iju7WV You can see screenshots on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1ITvxNp