Spanish Developer DADA Company Acquires Arloon and Its Catalog of Educational Apps for Schools
DADA Company advances its strategy to enter the educational sector, seeking to increase its supply to school networks through the acquisition of Arloon’s app catalog. Arloon has developed in a short period of time a surprising and innovative portfolio, focusing on elementary education (6-12 years old), harnessing the potential of new technologies such as Augmented Reality to enhance the learning experience. The transaction strengthens DADA Company’s position as a leading company worldwide.
Arloon has developed in a short period of time a surprising and innovative catalog that harnesses the potential of new technologies to enhance the learning experience. Arloon’s apps allow children to learn curricular content and test the knowledge acquired through fun exercises that allows teachers, parents and students to evaluate what they have learned. Arloon’s catalog includes the following apps:
· Arloon Mental Math: brings together a wide range of addition and subtraction practical math rules without needing paper. All of this using a tool similar to the classic abacus, to help children break them down into simpler number operations.
· Arloon Chemistry: introduces chemistry in an original and innovative way, using an interactive method for learning to formulate and name the chemicals.
· Arloon Anatomy: see the human body like never before thanks to augmented reality. Children and teachers can select each organ, flip it, and discover curiosities, travel virtually, seeing them from all perspectives.
· Arloon Geometry: explore geometric bodies from all perspectives and watch their faces displayed on flat figures. Geometry combines conceptual content (definitions, features) with procedural content (application of formulas and calculation).
· Arloon Solar System: discover celestial bodies that are part of our planetary system with your own fingertips, combining realistic 3D representations with texts adapted to primary education.
· Arloon Plants: an app to learn all the details about the life cycle of plants, their parts and species. Investigate how ecosystems adapt to the seasons to survive and many curiosities that will surprise all children.
· The Tortoise and the Hare: a new way to read stories. Enables the child to color the characters, turn on the camera and make them appear in 3D thanks to Augmented Reality. The child can interact with them and listen to the narration of the story with voices in Spanish and English.
The Arloon apps are designed to meet the objectives and content of the curriculum of primary education, and include exercises with different levels that can be adapted to individual needs, to practice what is learned and work collaboratively.
Amongst the awards received, Arloon has been honored with the Winner Academics' Choice Smart Media Award (July 2014), Learning Best Practice Award (October 2014), 2º Prize at “La Caixa Emprendedores XXI” (June 2014) and grand winners of the first edition of Lanzadera June 2013.
About DADA Company
DADA Company is an editorial project open to innovation in the field of illustrated books and interactive content, providing children with quality entertainment designed to educate and entertain, and it gives parents the satisfaction that they are educating their children with rich learning experiences. Fun and learning guaranteed for all the family.