New York, NY, September 03, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series, the leading producer of regulatory focused webcasts, announced today that it has scheduled a live webcast entitled: Iranian Sanctions and the JCPOA: Updates in 2015 & Beyond Live Webcast. This two-hour event is scheduled on Wednesday, September 9, 2015 @ 3:00 to 5:00 PM (ET).
The US government has imposed economic sanctions in one form or another on Iran since the Iranian Revolution of 1979. The most recent round of sanctions originated in 2006 when the UN Security Council passed Resolution 1696, imposed sanctions after Iran refused to stop its uranium enrichment program. Recently however, a deal known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) was brokered among Iran, the US, and five other major world powers that may ultimately end certain sanctions on Iran and allow international nuclear inspectors back in the country. The United Nations followed suit shortly thereafter with its own resolution to lift the sanctions.
While the JCPOA could potentially represent a tectonic shift in US – Iran diplomatic relations, many questions surrounding its implementation remain. The Knowledge Group has assembled a panel of key thought leaders and practitioners to provide a robust and insightful discussion of the JCPOA and how it may affect Iran, the US, and its international counterparts in 2015 and beyond.
Key topics to be discussed will include:
· An overview of prohibitions and restrictions imposed under current U.S. and EU sanctions vis-à-vis Iran.
· An overview of recent enforcement actions for violations of the Iran sanctions.
· An overview of the provisions of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) agreed upon by Iran, the United States and other P5+1 countries on July 14th as it relates to the easing of U.S. and EU sanctions on Iran, the extent to which such sanctions will potentially be removed, and the conditions and timeline for the implementation of such provisions.
· Assuming the provisions of the JCPOA with respect to the easing of U.S. and EU sanctions on Iran are in fact implemented, and Iran complies with its obligations, what will be the scope of permissible commercial activities in or relating to Iran by U.S. Persons and their foreign subsidiaries or affiliates and by their EU competitors?
· Until such time when the provisions of the JCPOA with respect to the easing of U.S. sanctions on Iran are in fact implemented, what will be the scope of permissible activities by U.S. Persons and their foreign subsidiaries or affiliates (as well as their EU competitors) who may be interested in exploring or pursuing commercial opportunities in or related to Iran?
Stewart and Stewart
Jennifer M. Smith
Holman Fenwick Willan LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Kara M. Bombach
Berliner, Corcoran & Rowe LLP
For an updated list of the faculty panel, please visit:
About The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series
The Knowledge Group, LLC brings together the world's leading authorities and industry participants through informative two-hour webcasts that study the impact of changing regulations and help businesses succeed through proper regulatory compliance.
Visit http://theknowledgegroup.org/ for further information and inquiry.