Chicago, IL, September 08, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Today Atlas Galleries announces the launch of their highly-anticipated innovative online retail experience - www.AtlasGalleries.com with the mission of empowering collectors with unprecedented access to explore, discover and purchase works from the vast fine art collections Atlas Galleries has assembled over their nearly 50 years in the fine art business via this rich, full-featured and secure online retail environment.
Key features of Atlas Galleries’ new online retail experience include expanded access to the extensive assemblage of artwork in Atlas Galleries’ encyclopedic collections including Old Master & 19th Century Paintings and Etchings, Impressionist, Modern and Post-Modern Art, and Post-War & Contemporary Art; extensive artist biographies and individual artwork information and upcoming multimedia features on exhibitions, programs, and other events at the galleries and exclusively online; a completely new and streamlined design for greater ease of viewing the vast array of images, resources, and other valuable new tools to simplify the art shopping, buying and collecting experience.
Ms. Hasenstab stated: “We hope that the new website will provide our online visitors with immediate, easy-to-navigate access to the works of art in our collections, including beautiful photography and in-depth information prepared by Atlas Galleries experts who study, care for and sell the works of art. We want the new site to present our global audiences with an elegant and user-friendly online experience of the entire Gallery collection, inspiring visits to our brick-and-mortar Galleries on Chicago’s famed Magnificent Mile of North Michigan Avenue, and helping visitors move seamlessly between browsing, discovering and buying the magnificent works in our galleries from the comfort of wherever their online shopping finds them. We hope to evolve our site with the same breadth, depth, and level of excellence that our many audiences have come to expect from our galleries.”
Michele Dagovitz, Vice President/Director of Sales, continued: “The new design and navigation reflect the wealth and depth of content that make Atlas Galleries’ website a unique and valued resource. In addition to the new features that will help visitors find the artists and artwork they are seeking, a new search interface and the addition of high-resolution images with zooming functionality will greatly enhance users’ abilities to explore Atlas Galleries more thoroughly online. We’ve also designed the website to be optimized for smartphones and other devices so that visitors can easily look up information about the works of art while viewing them in the galleries. This launch represents a complete overhaul in how we support Atlas Galleries’ online presence and positions Atlas Galleries to be more responsive to the ever-changing needs of the digital environment, while presenting the collections in new, innovative ways to foster a more user-friendly collector exploration and procurement experience.”
New general features of www.AtlasGalleries.com include:
• Overviews of Artists’ collections at the Galleries with descriptions and photographs of each, highlighted works of art within the gallery, and links to related content, artist biographies, etc.
• The complete holdings of many collections within Atlas Galleries are now accessible online, including all works from the Galleries’ collection currently on view.
• A new design—elegant, clean, and simple—that brings Atlas Galleries’ vast online resources into a unified website with a consistent look-and-feel, simplified navigation, and improved layout.
• A new and powerful search interface for the collections that accommodates complex searches, browsing, and simple ways to narrow results, as well as recommendations of related queries.
• High-resolution images of many of the works of art, with zooming functionality allowing for detailed exploration and analysis.
• A Media Gallery that centralizes an extensive range of artists and collections for online shoppers to enjoy.
• A Subscribe section with a quick and easy-to-use form to sign-up for information on upcoming artist exhibitions, big sales events, artist-guided gallery openings, promo-codes for online shopping coupons and more.
The new website is a major initiative of the Atlas Galleries’ Digital Media Department with key support from the company’s Information, Systems, and Technology group. Staff from many areas around the Galleries contributed content and expertise to the initiative.
Shop online at www.atlasgalleries.com for an unmatched online retail fine art experience.
About Atlas Galleries:
Atlas Galleries, celebrating 48 years as a global leader in retail fine art, is popularly known as America's most trusted fine art galleries, with curated collections of thousands of works spanning more than 400+ years of fine art development and exploration from every part of the globe.
Atlas welcomes you to discover our curated collections of art that link the past with the present. Out of the past emerge fine etchings by Rembrandt, Durer and Whistler as well as works by Picasso, Menpes and Renoir. Hanging next to these fine works, you will find masterpieces by today's contemporary artists including JalinePol, Angel Botello, Ruth Bloch, Mackenzie Thorpe, Dr. Seuss, Markus Pierson and Chicago's very own artist, Michael Cheney. Each of our artist's styles and techniques are quite diverse and include the use of various media including paintings, pastels, bronze and resin sculptures, linocuts, serigraphs and a wide variety of limited edition prints - styles and types of artwork that can compliment any fine art collection.