Washington, DC, September 11, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- On October 21- 22, 2015 senior leaders within US Military Services, HHS, Industry, Private Sector and Nonprofit Health IT community will convene in Alexandria, VA, for two days of briefings and informal discussions at Defense Strategies Institute’s 9th "Town Hall" DoD/VA and Gov Health IT Summit.
This non-partisan educational and training Summit is designed as a “Town Hall” forum, full spectrum view towards the DoD, VA and Federal Government’s efforts at improving a connected health IT ecosystem. The forum is created to encourage a real, pragmatic level of dialogue and debate amongst all in attendance. Actionable take aways for today, tomorrow, & the future will drive the discussions towards moving from healthcare to health in a connected ecosystem.
DSI’s upcoming Summit recognizes that in a field such as health IT, where there are multiple agents acting in tandem, it is extremely important that all involved are working towards a cohesive and holistic approach. Held since 2011, DSI's Health IT Summits are a unique forum that allows for a diverse group of health IT professionals to convene in one location. By keeping their forum off-the record and non-attribution, we allow for a level of stream of consciousness and shared ideas and thoughts to flow freely. The agendas cover the most current priorities for our Military and Government health IT communities, and strive to achieve actionable takeaways for all in attendance.
Several early confirmed speakers include:
*RADM Nicole Lurie, Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response USPHS, HHS
* Dr. Paul Tibbits, SES, DCIO, Architecture, Strategy, and Design, OI&T, VA
* Mr. Damon Davis, Director, Health Data Initiative, HHS
* Col Paul Friedrichs, USAF, Vice Commander, Air Force Medical Operations Agency
* CAPT Scott Cota, USN, Command Surgeon, USSOCOM
* Dr. Chesley Richards, Deputy Director, Public Health Scientific Services; Director, Office of Public Health Scientific Services Centers, CDC
* Ms. Mina Hsiang, Health Data Advisor, US Digital Service & Office of Science and Technology Policy-The White House
Several topics will include:
1. Innovation with data analytics and clinical informatics
2. Cyber security for health information
3. VistA Evolution (eHMP) and evolving EHR systems
4. Creating a connected health ecosystem for national emergency medical preparedness
5. Virtual care modalities, including mobile applications
6. Operationalizing 'Big Data' for clinical use
7. Health IT connectivity for an expeditionary military force
Recognizing the great sacrifice that our men and women of the Armed Services have endured, DSI supports our severely injured Service men and women and their families through our direct charitable donations to the nonprofit 501c3 Wounded Warrior Project
Seating is limited –
In order to allow for actionable discussion and dialogue amongst speaker and attendees, seating will be limited. Register now to reserve your seat. Active military and government personnel attend complimentary.
Anyone interested in participating in the Summit can go to Defense Strategies Institute's website at http://healthit.dsigroup.org for more information or contact Lisa Madison at email@example.com 1-917-435-1266